The Truth

I needed something to cheer me up after that horrible event. I had put on a hoodie just to feel a little safer but it had made me sweat a bit. Also it was nowhere near glamorous enough to be seen by Caelestis. I took it off and threw it on my bed.

When I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror I knew just what would cheer me up. I walked into the bathroom and opened an eyeshadow palette. This would take my mind off the day. I started to smoke out the colours on my eyelids.

Shizuka walked into the bathroom suddenly, I saw her in the mirror, it was clear she had been crying heavily from the puffiness of her face, "Oh, I thought Caelestis would be here with you."

I tried not to judge her too much but it was difficult. Why would you walk into a bathroom if you assumed two people were in there? That was just asking for trouble. I put aside my insults and looked at her, "No he's with his siblings, we can find him if you want."

Shizuka shook her head, she seemed stressed out, "No, I'm just... I think I might have to go back home."

I creased my brow, "Are you sure?"

"No. It's the last place I want to be. Being there makes me want to harm myself. But I can't relax not knowing what's happened to my family I just..." she said, I was struggling to see her train of thought.

"You can go whenever you like. Don't go alone obviously," I suggested.

"I need to get my brothers and bring them here but I don't think I can even survive the trip back. I'm so distraught... This is a terrible idea but my head..." she started to cry again.

I turned around to look at her, "Katsu is powerful. Talk to him. I can offer you werewolves if you'd like but it's dangerous out there."

"I'm aware... I'm going to have to keep thinking, this is a pure death wish," Shizuka sat on the ground crying.

I didn't know how to react to that. Despite her helping me out a lot earlier in the day I just didn't know her that well.

"Caelestis!" I called out.

Caelestis quickly walked into the bathroom. He saw Shizuka and looked just as confused as I did.

I mouthed, what do I do? and pointed to Shizuka. He just stared at the girl blankly. Yeah neither of us had any clue what to do with Shizuka's tears.

"It's fine. Don't worry," she said through her tears.

"What's the problem?" Caelestis asked.

"Everything. Being here is the problem, home is the problem, both of them bring me misery," she wailed. Insult my home again, what is the problem with being here you're literally safe. But go off I guess. Again I swallowed my insults.

"What would you like us to do?" I asked politely.

"I realise there is no easy answer here, so I can't force others to make a decision either," she sobbed.

"Katsu's siblings are there, your brothers will be fine, don't even worry about that," I tried to comfort her.

She nodded, "That's true..."

Caelestis added, "There's nothing to cry about at this point in time."

"Yeah so put a brave smile on and go train yourself," I said trying to cheer her up.

Shizuka sighed and nodded. She then got up and left. I was just left not knowing how to feel. It was like the Amanes had assaulted her instead of me from how she was acting.

Caelestis shook his head, "She behaves like she's the only one with problems. That's what she gets when she has two very emotional parents."

"She literally just came in here and cried... what the fuck? I'm the one the Amanes assaulted and Katsu's the one who had a parent die."