Chapter Five | The Tattoo Virgin

Amy and Alex walked down the walkway made out of flat rocks, the island sun starting to set. Passing a few strange wooden buildings along the way they walked in an awkward silence. One they were comfortable with not breaking, after all Amy still felt guilty for giving Alex such a hard time on his dream vacation–which he had selflessly shared with them. And Alex still felt hurt at how displeased she seemed, and how oblivious she had been to his feelings towards her.

Ever since college Alex had his heart set on her, he even remembered running in the rain to not miss a chance to say hello every day. And the way she felt so clueless upset him. Yet he still found himself walking down the island towards the bungalows, with her at his side. And once again on his mind.

"I'm sorry..." she mumbled, her voice merely a whisper.

Alex inhaled sharply, "No need to say sorry, you didn't want to come in the first place."

"That's what I'm sorry about, you selflessly won us this–With one of your amazing comics–and I'm ungrateful."

"Look don't worry about it okay Amz? It'll all be fine. It's just a few days." He sighed running a hand through his messy hair.

She shrugged, "How can I make it up to you?"

"You don't need to."

Amy huffed, annoyed at his statement. Before something came to mind.

Three years ago

Sitting in the apartment on a lazy sunday afternoon, the group watched T.V not in the mood to go out.

"Why don't we ever do something exciting?" Alex groaned loudly.

Max looked at him like he had grown two heads, "Because we work six days a week, can't we have one day where you don't complain?"

Alex huffed looking back at the flat screen T.V where a news reporter interviewed a tattoo artist congratulating him on his five-thousand dollar reward. As if a lightbulb went off in his head Alex jumped up nearly falling over Dylan whom was on the floor.

"Let's get tattoos!"

The group sighed before shouting in unison, "No!"

Present day

"I'll get a tattoo with you?" she suggested, her face scrunching up slightly at the words.

Alex's eyes widened turning towards Amy stopping right in his tracks. "Really?"

"Y-Yes." she hesitated slightly.

Alex went silent for a few minutes, should he accept this offer? Maybe she was just doing it out of guilt, but it's something he'd been wanting to do with the whole group for years now. He remembered suggesting it a hundred times each afternoon during their lazy sunday which had become traditional.

Humming in thought another idea came to mind, "Only if we convince everyone."

She should've known this was gonna happen... "How?"

"It's simple really, we hold some sort of bet." He shrugged continuing his walk. Knowing that everyone within their social circle couldn't not go through with a dare, or bet or well just about anything they can win at.