Reason To Trust

Recap:

"Let's go," the boy whispered, "my name's Ademar Draycour by the way and the creature with me is a Thestral, I call it Thessy."

I nodded however just as I took a step the torches all lit up.

"Well, well, well what have we got here?" I saw Ademar's face which had a hint of fear on it before looking towards the voice myself.

Storm's POV

A growl from my left made me think that Fear was awake. You woke me up again you worm, Fear said with an angry undertone however I got the distinct feeling he wasn't speaking to me.

"Oh ha ha what do we have here? An angry dragon who got his own rider killed, a young boy trying overthrow me, his odd creature and a dragon who's free. Oh what fun, I think it's time to have a new battle! I've been wanting one for a while!" The owner of the voice, who was in fact the person who had interrupted Ademar before, was male.

The male stood in a slumped position he looked a little overweight and extremely happy. A low growl escaped my muzzle and I bared my teeth at the man who was obviously in charge here. A smack against my side caused me to look over at Igraine who had also awoken, along with the majority of the dragons in the caves.

Igraine, although seeming rather ruffled and annoyed, was warning me against taking action. Within a moment Igraine sent her memories of the past couple of days over to me and what she had learnt. I didn't let myself go through the memories as the sound of a tolling bell echoed through the caves.

Ademar groaned, I looked at him, what is it?

"I got us caught, it's all my fault," Ademar said. "I stuff everything up all the time!" He shouted balling his fists, I took a step towards him. My claws making a loud clacking noise as they hit the floor.

I believe in second chances. I also believe that if one has the will and determination to try, they will one day succeed no matter how many times they fall over. I said, aiming my words at Ademar but allowing my words to go through anyone's mind who had theirs open.

"Well I've already stuffed that up completely, this was my second chance."

"While this is all very entertaining I'm getting bored slightly, I believe it is time to take you to the arena... However I wish to play a few games first." My scales rattled nervously, something that they rarely did. Rattling scales were often associated with nerves or fear and most humans (well anything non-dragon really) mistook it for fear. However dragons knew that it was difference, while rattling scales can be a sign of a nervous or fearful dragon. It normally meant that the dragon was anticipating something and that adrenaline was running through their system.

"Bit scared are we?" The man said, my mind which had been going through Igraine's memories roughly was now able to associate the man with a name: Lance.

Storm! Igraine's voice cut through my thoughts, which I have to admit were not the pleasantest they could be. Control yourself!

I shuffled my wings as Igraine made me think of the importance of my situation. I would be fighting... I closed my eyes and breathed deeply, the only sign of my outward fear and unease was my claws causing marks in the rocky ground.

I kept my hold over the mind and closed my eyes, and my jaws caught the dragon's throat in a choke hold. I tightened it and the dragon struggled a tiny bit, however it mainly seemed to be fighting a war in its mind - sanity vs. madness. I tightened my grip even more and I could feel blood slowly fill my mouth, I let go of the dragon and it fell onto the floor dying.