Chapter 06.

Kilo Reidmonth 1

Kilo Reid
month 1. week 2.

It's been two weeks since I've been here at Upstate.

Finding the terrorist turns out to be more of a challenge than I expected. The amount of 6 foot black women in this prison is ridiculous.

I knew it was too good of a bargain to be easy.

I can't hang around whoever I'm inspecting more than a couple seconds without them thinking I'm sus.

I've only been able to question outcasts but they don't be knowing shit and it sucks.

I feel like I'm getting nowhere.

Mickey popped her head into my cell as she asked, "You wanna tag along with me and the gang?"

I closed my book as I looked up at her. "What kind of question is that?" I combat. Of course I do!

"C'mon, we all headin' to the hangout." She told me. I had no idea where that was, or that it existed.

"Come and you'll see." She then said, as if she could read my mind.

"Yeah, yeah... I'm coming." I responded as I got up.

We picked up Mila on the way, and came across Natalia and Yasmin.

"You guys coming with us to the hangout?" Mickey asked Nat but she shook her head in response.

"Me and Yas got shit to discuss. Y'all can go ahead." She informed us, "We'll catch up."

"I'm not. I'm tired," Yas inputs but it was no surprise. She spent most of her free time sleeping.

"Aw... y'all suck fat balls." Mickey said with a frown and Yas flicked her off as she walked away with Nat.

I can't help but notice that Yas seems to be cold towards me... but not the rest. Though she doesn't talk a lot, it's obvious to me.

Us being in the same cell has been suffocating.

Mickey looked over at Mila and me. "Looks like y'all stuck with me and my buffoonery today..."

I rolled my eyes inwardly as I shook my head. We continued walking to 'the hangout.'

"What you think Yas and Nat are talking about?" Mila asked Mickey out of curiosity.

That same curiosity gone get her kilt.

"Oh, I don't know. Yas and Nat are like two peas in a pod. They are complete opposites of each other but hit it off." Mickey said with a shrug of her shoulders.