Friday night

the next few days felt strange. Atsumu was keeping his distance from Kiyoomi, worried he might do something wrong if he expressed his feelings too openly. he figured space was what they both needed.

however, the wing spiker was irritated by this gap that had formed between them. the setter's dismissive attitude towards him was driving him insane. he knew he was always attached to his ... whatever you want to call it ... but this was something else.

Kiyoomi knew there was more to his feelings towards the blonde, he just didn't know what it was. yes, he was adorable. yes, he made everything better. and yes, Kiyoomi liked affection if it was with him. but that could've been something less than romantic love, right? how can one even know if their feelings are platonic or romantic?

Kiyoomi sighed deeply. it was Friday night already, four days since he had been confessed to. he was alone in the dorm, it was getting late, and he was worried about Atsumu's whereabouts.

as if on cue, the door handle pressed down and the missing roommate walked in.

"hey", the black haired boy got out as he watched the clearly absent minded one struggle to walk over to the beds.

"heya, Omi-kun~", Atsumu replied with a flirty undertone in his voice.

"where were you?"

"I was havin' fun! ya should've been there too... it would've been way more fun that way!"

the blonde boy was standing in front of the one sitting down on the edge of his bed. he leaned closer and Kiyoomi could smell the alcohol on his breath. as if on instinct, the germaphobe covered the mouth on the face hovering above him.

"you've been drinking", he muttered.

Atsumu grabbed Kiyoomi's wrist in order to uncover his mouth.

"don't worry 'bout that, I only had a couple", the slurred words defended.

"Atsumu, you're drunk, please stop before you do something you'd regret."

it was as if what Kiyoomi said clicked in his head. the blonde pulled away and straightened his back before slouching over his own bed.

"I'm sorry, Omi. I'm so stupid. ya don't wanna kiss me, I mean, why would ya?"

the curly head's heart skipped a beat at the thought of kissing the blonde. maybe he did want to do it. no, he for sure wanted to do it. he wondered what those soft lips would feel and taste like.

the black eyes studied the self loathing boy on the bed. was this all because he didn't accept the confession? 

Kiyoomi got off the bed and knelt down in front of the drunk boy he cared about more than anyone. he took the hand hanging off the mattress and squeezed it. he wanted to place a gentle kiss on it, just to prove to Atsumu that he deserved to be kissed.

but he chose to hold back. he now knew that all along he had wanted to do things only lovers do. all this time he wanted to be loved and adored by Atsumu, and he was. he had been blind, not recognizing the true nature of his feelings, while the one he loved struggled with unrequited desires.

Atsumu was attractive; Kiyoomi was attracted to him. he craved the blonde's presence when they were apart and longed to touch him when they were close. that wasn't something bestfriends felt for each other.

"I'm sorry, Atsu. I'm sorry I took so long. I'm sorry I realized at a moment like this. I can't kiss you right now, not when you're like this. you wouldn't even remember our first kiss in the morning..."

the hazel eyes were struggling to focus on the pale face in front of them. the drunken brain couldn't register what was said.

"can we talk 'bout this in the mornin'? don't get me wrong, I love hearing yer voice, but I can't understand what it's sayin'."

the sober one chuckled: "of course, Atsu. sweet dreams, I'll see you in the morning."

he stroked the soft blonde hair while his other hand was still holding one of the only two hands he ever wanted to hold.

Kiyoomi was smiling like an idiot, looking at his beloved, who was passed out on the bed. he pulled a blanket over the sleeping boy, hoping he wouldn't have an awful hangover the next day.

"good night, Atsumu", he whispered before kissing the warm forehead, "I love you."

he said it. he said it out loud. a panic built up in his stomach, though it felt oddly good. he backed away slowly, sitting down on his own bed again without taking his eyes off the cute face. this moment was for him to remember. it would stay as a secret between him and the moonlight shining down onto the two lovers.

"how was I so oblivious? you're the cutest, most gorgeous guy I've ever laid my eyes on. and I was a fool to think I didn't love you the same way you love me."

he knew he had to get it out of his system. he felt better having said it out loud, even if Atsumu didn't hear him. he was going to tell him again tomorrow.

but he wanted to make it special, just like the blonde had done for him. all the consideration he had received, he wanted to pay back. he needed to prove he was worthy of holding Atsumu's heart in his hands.

━━━━━━━ •♬• ━━━━━━━

and that's it for today folks! we're almost there with these two dummies.

thanks for sticking around and being patient with my very irregular updates ':D

hope to see you soon!