Distance

Darkness, that's all I saw. I heard voices everywhere, but I could never reach out far enough to wake up from my subconscious. The closer I came the more I felt distant. Everything just fades away, and then I'm left with the nightmares my mind seems to create.
It felt like hours, just stuck in my mind, but after a while I finally woke up to a crying Peter, a yelling Derek, a frightened Paige, and the rest of Peters family crying.
"What's going on Peter?" You whispered, you voice still rough from sleeping.
"Rose? Oh my god, Rose I thought you were never going to wake up, and that you still hated me!" He cried, wrapping his arms around me and nuzzling his face into the crook of my neck. I felt a wet substance on my face and realized, I missed more then words could explain. I wanted to never let go and stay by him the rest of my life. But that could also be because I'm his mute. Wait sorry I mean mate. I mentally chucked to myself.
"I love you so much, Peter." I whispered so only he could hear. I knew some of his family could hear because of their super hearing but I didn't mind.
He seemed surprised, but after he just grinned like a dumb idiot, which I found very adorable.
"I love you too," he whispered back. With that being said, everyone left soon after and me and Peter laid in his bed.
"Why did I pass out, Peter?"
"You passed out because you were gone a long time from your mate, which is me. Take Derek and Paige for example. Do you ever see them apart?"
"Wait hold up a minute Mr! Derek and Paige are mates?! That's so cute!"
Peter pouted at me but that faded into a smirk.
"I think me and you are cuter," he whispered into my ear and I saw that he had grew his teeth out into his werewolf teeth and nibbled on my collar bone. He trailed his nibbles to my neck and gave me a hickey, then trailed them higher and finally to my lips.
"Peter," I sighed, "I-" I was cut off by me running to the bathroom and vomiting up my dinner. I felt a pair of hands grabbed my waist as I cried and my hair was tugged back into a pony tail.
Come on, let's go to bed and we will talk in the morning." Peter said and picked me up bridal style and laid me in the bed next to him and fell peacefully to sleep.