Chapter 26

Serena

"You really are glowing" Bridget says I smile at her words "thank you" we hug and I wave to her girlfriend who I knew didn't like being touched "you do look good" Layla says "thank you" they walk over to a table were some other of my friends sit, Ken comes over "you feeling good?" I nod I was due next week and if he doesn't come on his own by the 15th I was getting induced, "will you get me a water?" I ask he nods kissing my forehead then walks over to the cooler "he's good to you huh?" Phoenix asks I look up at him and nod he takes the seat across from me "he's amazing"
"How are you feeling?" I nod

"Hey Phoenix" Elaine says  "hey Elaine" he smiles and the too fist bump I roll my eyes "are you only here for this?" She asks "nah I'm staying for the next couple weeks so I can see the baby" she nods Ken walks over  "hey I think just about everyone is here" Nana says Allison and Rachel next to her "sounds good probably should get the food out" Ken says I nod "we will just wanted to tell you before we did it"

The four of us aka Elaine,Phoenix, and Ken we all talk with some people coming by to also talk, I wasn't up for moving around much and after we eat me and Elaine had some games ready, one you had to get a plastic baby out of a ice cube you yell that your water broke, then we did one that you had to told a ballon between your legs and try to go without popping it, then some of the moms in the room had wrote me letters to read later,

Me and Ken started to open up the gifts most are the usual things like diapers,burp cloths, pacifiers, someone got a sound machine for us, I rub my belly as we get to the last one "Ken did you get the last one?" Nana asks as I stand up "yeah" Ken also stands up leaning over to grab a little box I didn't see then he hands it to me

My eyes widen as I look at the ring I blink and look at Ken who gets down on a knee, I start to sob "will you marry me?" He asks slowly taking the ring out the box I nod "yes" people clap and cheer and he gets up I hug him "I love you" I sob "I love you" he says pulling away I give him a quick peck as I rub my tears away as he slips the finger on something rubs down my leg and I stop breathing for a second "I think my water broke"

"Well here is the thing your water only broke halfway so we will have to go and break it the rest of the way" my doctor says and I groan "fun" Elaine says and I narrow my eyes at her as she sits next to Mia on the couch "will it hurt?" The doctor shakes her head "it may feel weird" I nod "I'm ready when you are"

Just like that I went into birth and the contractions hit almost immediately once I get my shot of epidural a nurse comes a little while later "there we are" the nurse smiles picking my legs up she peeks down then looks back up at me "I think I need to get the doctor I think he is ready to come" I smile and then a contraction hits "please"

"Watching this makes me want to throw up" Elaine says "me too" Mia says Phoenix looks over "it can't be that-oh my fucking hell that's terrible" Ken looks down and makes a face "what's wrong?!" I ask the nurse laughs at their actions "nothing is wrong" she assures me I nod tears in my eyes
"All ready?" The doctor asks putting on the gloves I nod

6 hours and a c-section later baby Phoenix Taylor Crawford was born the little fucker wanted to come out butt first, I lay my head back as he latches on no issues the doctor smiles and I want to sob "where did Elaine and Phoenix Senior go?" Ken asks "take Mia home" watching the little baby "come here" he comes over and lays on the bed next to me, we already switched rooms and they give us a big bed so me and Ken could sleep together "he looks like you" he says I nod smiling "he really does" I lay my head on his shoulder smiling "You did good"

"I tried" I smile

3 months later

I walk downstairs as I hear a baby cry "hey hey I thought we agreed on letting mommy sleep" Ken says to the crying Phoenix who is wrapped to Kens bare chest I loved carrying him around in the skin to skin wrap and I loved to see Ken do it shirtless "well now that she's up" I say making him look back at him "Good morning" he says coming over and kisses me I smile then kiss Phoenix's head "good morning"

"You can go back to sleep he was just a little upset that it took a second for me to get the milk moved to a bottle plus he knows the difference between a fake nipple and yours" I laugh at his words "it does take him a second to get it on a bottle but will latch right away when I get my shirt up" Ken smirks "I would also" his free hand grips my ass I smile and shake my head kissing his cheek "I'm going back to sleep since you want me too" he nods "you need it"

Ken

Once Phoenix is asleep I lay him down in the bassinet next to Serena who sleeps soundly doesn't move at the little whine he lets out once I make sure he's good I smile and get in bed next to Serena I wrap my arms around her pulling her back to my chest

2 more chapters until I do the Epilogue !!
Make sure you check out my new book 'The successful one'