13. Awoke

In the morning, when I opened my eyes, the sunlight was seeping from the window straight onto my face. My fever is almost gone, and I can feel my body again. I moved my fingers, and a small gasped left me when I could move my hand. Thank God that feeling of not being able to move was pathetic, I don't want to feel that again.

I tried to sit up when Beatrice came into the room and gasped when she saw me awake.

"Thank to God, my child, you are awake," she said and took me in her motherly embrace.

"You scared us, girl," she scolded me lightly, pulling away from me and looking at my whole face like she is making sure I am all okay.

"I shouldn't have touched that flower yesterday," I said sheepishly.

"Yesterday?" She asked, confused, and then her expressions changed.

"You were out for a week, child," she told me, and I felt like I couldn't breathe.

"What?" I asked, not believing what I heard.

"Never ever touch anything that is put aside locked." she narrowed her eyes at me.

"But I just smelled a little, and then I put it back, I didn't know it was that lethal," I pouted.

"It's a very dangerous herb, I always keep it aside," she said.

"Why do you have it?" I asked her and then added.

"I mean, if it's dangerous, then it wouldn't be of any use, right?" I asked.

"Being dangerous doesn't mean it's useless," she said in a cryptic manner. I wanted to ask more when the door opened with a thud. Both Beatrice and I winced at the loud thud.

Achilles was standing on the other side in his whole black attire minus the cloak. That's new, because I have always seen him wearing his clock. His hairs were ruffled like he had run his fingers a thousand times over them. His stubble was grown a little bit. When he saw me a small relieved smile came on his face but then it was gone the next moment. He was in his usual stoic face.

"You are awake," he said rhetorically. Well, you can see with both of your eyes, I said in my heart.

"Good, now you are coming with me, and I will lock you again so that you can not pull any stupid stunt like you did that day." He glared at me, and I looked at him with annoyance.

"You are still an arrogant jerk, I see," I said, and my words seemed to anger him more. Uhmm, did I curse? Did I call him jerk? Oh God, my dad will kill me if he heard me using that word.

'Maybe he won't mind you using that word for the dark monster' my inner self chimed in, and for the first time in my life, I also believed the same.

"Let's go," he said, taking a few steps towards me.

"Let her stay here one more day so I can see if she is doing alright," Beatrice said, but her son scowled at her mother, and she sighed.

"Okay, go," she sighed, and I gave her a look to which she only smiled.

"Fine," I said and removed the sheets away from me as I was about to stand up, I noticed my clothes were changed, and I looked at Beatrice with panic.