Chapter 14

A/N: So I decided to go ahead and post 2 chapters today because I will be busy for the next few days!

It's been a while since we set sail, leaving Fishman Island. My wound is healing up nicely, thanks to chopper. He still wants me to come in for a check up once a week to make sure there won't be any long-term affects. Aside from that, so far everything went smoothly, except for when the boys decided to fish for dinner and ended up catching multiple fish. This caused us to be caught in a current, which Nami wasn't happy about, that was until we surfaced in the New World.

We ended up meeting this girl named Lilly, a giant that ate the Mini-Mini Fruit, and helped save her father from the Neo Marines that were led by a man named Zed. They paid us back by holding a feast and cooking volcano meat, which I never heard of before, but it was so good! After the feast, we set sail again, leading to now which is nighttime.

"So, who's gonna keep watch tonight?" Nami finally spoke up, looking at everyone.

I glanced at the others, who were reluctant to answer, exhausted. "I'll do it." Zoro said with a shrug from his spot against the railing, yawning.

I sighed, shaking my head. "No, I'll do it. Besides, you'll just end up falling asleep." I teased, with a smirk.

"Tch." Zoro replied, looking annoyed, causing me and a few others to chuckle.

Nami shook her head at the scene, placing her hands on her hips. "(Y/N)'s right, if we leave you to watch the ship who knows what'll happen?"

"Oi! The hell's that supposed to mean, huh?" Zoro exclaimed, staring at the woman.

Sanji blew smoke out, holding his cigarette away from his mouth. "It means that you're a complete idiot who's bad at directions, moss head."

"What was that shitty brows?!" Zoro leaped up, bashing his head against Sanji's, gripping the hilt of his sword.

Sanji began pushing back, glaring at the man. "Exactly what it means!"

The two began to argue back and forth, same old same old. Nami had a tick mark appear on her face before making her way to the two, knocking them on the heads, causing them to collapse to the ground. "Enough, already!" She let out a heavy sigh, before turning to me. "You sure you don't mind?"

I nodded my head, "Mhm. I'm sure. I'm not tired like the rest of you, so I don't think I'll be getting much sleep anyways."

Relieved they didn't have to stay up, the others waved me goodnight, making their way to go to sleep. With everyone gone, I made my way to the front of the ship, standing behind the figure head. I watched the waves as it rocked the ship back and forth, taking in the peace and quiet. Deciding to occupy myself, I began walking around the ship, looking for anything that could possibly be seen in the distance.

After what felt like a few hours, which was only really an hour, I went back to the front deck and lied down on the grass, resting my arms behind my head. I glanced up at the stars for a moment before I closed my eyes. I wasn't tired, just... content.

"(Y/N)?" I sat up, glancing behind me to see Luffy standing there.

I turned back around, staring ahead of me. "Hey..."

"There's something I wanted to ask you." I hummed in response, waiting for him to continue. I heard his footsteps as he came up to stand next to me. "I want to know why you've been avoiding me."

My breath hitched in my throat, not expecting him to come right out and ask that. I didn't think he'd notice. "I don't know what you're talking about..." I decided to play dumb, not wanting to answer.