Prologue: Loneliness

Everthing is going to be fine in the End

If it's not fine .- It's not the End

156 missed calls

3042 unread messages

The efforts of my friends on Duskwood to get in touch with me. However, I had ignored it all.

Successfully ignored!

The shock was still haunting me. Richy had been behind the kidnapping of Hannah. Moreover, he was to blame for Amy Bell Lewis' suicide . Although he didn't mean to do it at all.

I really wasn't able to explain this. I felt pity for him. After all, he wasn't a bad person. All of this just had happened because he felt responsible for the death of Jennifer Hanson in the accident. He

wasn't even at the scene. Instead, he had handed over the AMC Gremlin to Amy and Hannah.

Knowing neither of the girls had a driver's license. In fact, he was drunk at the Pine Glade Festival and wasn't fit to drive. He was well aware that Hannah was able to drive a car. After all, she had practised her driving skills several times on the grounds of Roger's garage.

Believing in Hannah's ability to handle the vehicle, Richy had left the AMC Gremlin to the two girls.

I couldn't blame him!

Admittedly, even as hard as I tried. Richy couldn't have known that Hannah would fail to spot Jennifer on the roads in the dark. Even so, it was within the realm of possibility that an inexperienced driver overestimated herself and her skills. However, who expected the worst? I would have been so naive, too. I would have probably acted the same way.

There is no way I could justify the fact that 10 years after this tragic accident he had pretended to be a man without a face in order to scare Hannah and Amy....

Well, why did he scare them at all?

to teach a lesson?

For getting revenge for his guilt?

I couldn't help but think about all this. I didn't just think about his motives, I also thought about how I would have acted in his situation. Our fates were connected in a strange way somehow. As Richy, I was also innocently involved in a case, whose control I had invariably lost in the end. Granted, I was not responsible for a suicide the way he was.

I gulped.

Of course I was!

I saw it on the cameras. I could clearly see Richy spilling the gasoline. I had tried to reach him a thousand times by phone. But he didn't pick up the phone.

Helplessly I had to watch how he had lit the gasoline.

Helplessly, I screamed at him to stop this crap.

Knowing he wouldn't hear a single word I said.

I couldn't save him!

Because of my involvement in Hannah's missing case. There was blood on my hands from now on.

Richy's blood!

I had to live with this burden forever now.

Still, that wasn't the reason why my hatred for Richy overshadowed my compassion for him.

It wasn't because I felt betrayed. I did, without a doubt. All this time searching and worrying for Hannah, he had lied to us.

And actually, I should be furious about THAT....