Hermione Granger

It was a warm morning in April of 1994, and Hermione Granger was laying in her bed. She had woken up early with horrible cramps, so she was waiting for the dorm alarm to go off so she could shower. You weren't allowed to shower before 6 in Hermione's dorm, because a lot of her friends went to bed late, so they would need more sleep than her. Hermione was in bed when she realised why her stomach must be hurting - she's gonna get her period soon. Finally! She was 14, and Ginny had already gotten hers a year and a half ago, and she was younger than her! Hermione sort of knew what to do, but she told herself that, when it came, she would NOT ask Ginny for help. She was the older one, she had to figure this out herself. Plus, a 14 year old has to know what a period is, and it would be weird if she didn't, since she helped Ginny. The timer went off soon enough, and Hermione jumped out of bed to get in the shower. She'd read in a book that hot water helps cramps, so if she put her whole body in water, it would definitely do. She grabbed her towel, her favourite shampoo and started to have some regular shower thoughts when she realised - her stomach had hurt yesterday, too. So that means she would get it today, right? Soon enough, she got out of the shower and quickly got changed into her favourite skirt and a tight t-shirt.

She was brushing her hair, when she heard a familiar voice walk into the room - it was Ginny. ''And then-'' Ginny looked up ''Oh, Hi Mimi!'' She smiled, taking a seat next to Hermione. Hermione didn't answer. ''Mimi, what's up?'' Ginny asked, rubbing her friend on the back. ''Nothing, just-'' She stopped. ''Just a stomach ache'' She finished, blankly. ''Ooo, getting your period, eh?'' Ginny jokes, but stops when she sees Hermione's cold expression. ''No, I'm not.'' Hermione answered, even though she was sure she was. ''Well, I'll see you later'' Ginny said, walking out of the room. ''Bye''

To be honest, Hermione was jealous of Ginny. She had everything Hermione wanted. She had her period, and, if she was blunt, Ginny had quite the boobs going on. Hermione wanted that, she wanted to be an early bloomer like Ginny. But Ginny thought the exact opposite, however. She didn't really like her boobs, and her periods were always painful. She didn't lust for things the way that Hermione did. She hated every aspect of it. But Ginny learned that these things were a good thing, it took a long time, but she got used to it. Hermione hadn't yet, and she's going to be on a bumpy ride if she didn't.

Later that day, Hermione and Ginny were hanging out on the field, when Hermione felt her stomach pulse again. She tried her best to act like everything was fine, but as time went by it got harder and harder to contain the pain she felt. ''I'm going to the dorm.'' She said, standing up and tying the jumper that was under her around her waist. ''Alright, I'll see you at dinner'' Ginny replied, not bothering to ask why she was leaving. Hermione sped up more and more until, by the time she had disappeared into the shadows, she was running. By the time she had made it to the dorm, she had already felt her period coming. Hermione went into the bathroom checking she had actually started, and she had. She grabbed a pad from the top shelf, and put it on, hiding the wrapper in the bin so Ginny wouldn't see it. She didn't want her to know. Ginny would act all weird around her, and she didn't want that for their friendship. Hermione liked her personal space very much.

She put on the pad, taking her time at first, but when she heard a familiar voice outside the door, she hurried up. ''Hermione, are you alright?'' the voice said, sounding very concerned - it was Fay. Fay was one of the girls Hermione shared a dorm with, and they were friends to say the least. ''Uh-yeah, I'm good'' Hermione answered, not really knowing what to say. ''You sure?'' Fay asked again, but Hermione was sure that Fay felt the same way. ''Uh- yeah.'' Hermione paused ''I don't really know how to say this because we're not exactly friends and-''

Fay interrupted ''Did you uhm, get your-'' Hermione interrupted her ''Period, yeah'' Hermione started to cry, ''Please don't tell anyone, please'' she pleaded, hoping that Fay wouldn't tell. ''I won't, do you want to talk about it?'' Fay asked, since everybody knew that Fay had gotten her period at 10, and must have some knowledge at least. ''Please'' Hermione said, embarrassment kicking in and her face turning pink. Hermione emerged from the bathroom, and followed Fay into the dorm, taking a seat on her bed. They began conversation, ''I just don't really know what it is'' Hermione started ''Like I know I helped my friend before but-''

Fay smiled at Hermione comfortingly ''I get it, I helped a friend who got her period before me'' She sighed ''But I was just mansplaining for most of it, and when I got it, I freaked myself out''

Hermione smiled, she felt better talking to someone her own age about this stuff. ''So, I don't really know what to think'' Hermione bit her lip ''and I don't know what to tell Ron, Harry, My mum. Like who do I tell?''

Fay sat next to her ''Telling your mum is a big step, but if you want to take it slow, you tell a friend and then go to Madam Pomfrey. She's a lot better help than I am, I'll tell you that.''

The girls giggled together for a while, talking about girl things and who they liked.

''You want to know my first period story?'' Fay asked.

''Yes!'' Hermione excitedly replied

''Okay, so I was at my dad's house, and it was the day before my birthday, so we were gonna go swimming since I was at school for my birthday. And I went to the public pool, went in the pool for a bit and then this girl noticed that there was blood all over my white bikini bottoms. Everybody saw, I was so embarrassed that we had to go home'' Fay explained, stopping to giggle at herself every now and again. Hermione giggled too, and soon enough they were both having a laughing fit. Hermione had realised that Fay was actually a pretty decent person and she wasn't just popular for being an early bloomer.

''Welcome to the club, Hermione''