Narcissa Malfoy (née Black)

Hey everyone! Sorry I've been a little bit less active than normal, I've had school - but I'm on half-term break now! So hopefully I'll have time to do a couple more publishes before the week ends :) Also, thank you for 2.5k reads! I honestly didn't think that people would really like this when I first started, but clearly people do. Anyway, I'll see you all in the next chapter ;)

It was a Saturday evening in the summer of 1974, and she found herself spending her evening with her fiance and his family for afternoon tea. As much as she enjoyed the company, her stomach clearly wasn't in the mood for seeing anyone today, as it had started to pulse slightly as soon as she entered the manor and had gotten progressively worse as the dinner went on. It had gotten to the point where other people had started to notice, well other people being Lucius, and she wasn't sure how long she would last.

On the first hand, she was sure that if she didn't get to a bathroom soon she would be ruining another white carpet and she would have to pay for it. She was not prepared to see the number on that bill. Oh, Merlin, what did she eat? She tried to last until the end of the lunch, but her pulsing abdomen would not let her do that, so she decided it would be best to excuse herself and find the nearest loo before she embarrassed herself. "Excuse me, I'll be right back" She voiced formally, before gracefully walking out of the room. All that changed when she knew nobody could see her, that's when she started sprinting as fast as she could to the nearest bathroom, which thankfully she knew of due to it not being her first time here. By the time she got there, she had started to pull her dress up, only to stop in her tracks when the fabric that covered her backside area was wet. Fuck! She knew exactly what had gone on here, and boy was it a doozy.

Meanwhile, Lucius was starting to get worried. Narcissa had seemed a little uncomfortable when she was sat down next to him, but she'd told him it was nerves and he'd believed her. He was starting to doubt that now. Even his parents were looking at him like something was wrong! Lucius decided then and there that he needed to check on his fiance right now. "If you'll excuse me," was the last thing he said before he darted to the bathroom, which is where he assumed she was. The unfortunate thing was that the nearest loo was upstairs, and the more he walked up the more he heard Narcissa's quiet sobs.

Narcissa sat with her head in her hands, sobbing her eyes out. Why did this have to happen to me? It was worse enough having her period, but here, with her future husband was a different story. She hoped he wasn't worried about her, or worse, coming up to see her. She didn't want him to see her like this, but when she heard the footsteps getting louder and louder, she knew she was wrong.

A knock was heard on the other side. "Please go away, Lucius." She replied, trying not to sound too rude. "Not until you tell me what's the matter! I know you're crying, I heard you." Lucius' tone of voice showed a large amount of anger, but also a soft side showed, comforting her greatly. "I can't tell you, I'm sorry love." Narcissa's voice cracked, her voice hoarse.

"Cissa, you know you can tell me anything." His voice was soft, and he waited for a reply. But when he didn't get one, he started to think about what would be the problem. A secret, maybe she's cheating? No, she wouldn't do that. Maybe a tattoo? No. Maybe - oh! His voice let out a large gasp of realisation, which startled Narcissa. "Cissy, uhh- I'm sorry to have to ask you this, and it's not etiquette, but. Are you- "au claire de lune"?"

"Pardon?" She seemed confused, shit.

"Sorry, forgot you don't know french. Have you, started your menstrual cycle?"

There was silence after that, one of which made him assume that he was correct. Lucius knew that he should stay and comfort his fiance, but another part of him told him to leave her to it, so he left the corridor and ventured back down the stairs. But he wasn't going to sit back down, he was going to grab her bag. Surely she'll have something in there! He swiftly rummage through her purse, finding what seemed to look like a tampon, and ran back upstairs. Thankfully, Narcissa was still there when he came back - so he knocked on the door a second time. "Cissy! I got you something." He slid the cylinder-like object under the door, "I think it's a tampon, from what I know. But if it's not, then I'm no help."

"Yes, it is, love." She grabbed it gratefully and inserted it in a swift motion before sorting herself out and going to open the door.

When it opened, she was greeted by a smiling Lucius, who had managed to get her a box of chocolates in the 10 seconds that they hadn't been talking - which she thought was pretty impressive. "Lucius, I'm sorry about this-" She was interrupted.

"No, no! Don't apologise. It was bound to happen at some point. Better now than never though?" The pair began to softly giggle at the situation a couple of moments before either spoke again. "Thanks, Luc. At least I know I can count on you."

"No problem. Now, do you want to go home? I can get a carriage if you want-"

"No, that's fine. I want to be with you." She finally whispered, with a wink, and kissed him softly on the cheek.