𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓. 𝐨𝐜𝐞𝐚𝐧 𝐞𝐲𝐞𝐬

❛ CALL ME CUPID ❜

CALL ME CUPID

Conrad stared out at the ocean. "Hi," Belly smiled, sitting down beside the older boy. "Last night was-"

"Amazing"
"A shit show."

The two looked at each other and laughed. "So what happened last night?" she asked him. "Nothing happened," he looked back at the ocean. "Oh come on Con, there's a girl in my bedroom with mascara dried up on her cheeks. What did you do?" Conrad huffed out a cold sigh, "It's none of your business Belly."

Belly nudged Conrad, "I know something happened. She came up to my room with red eyes and smelled like cigarettes. She was with you after we came back from the bonfire."

"Okay, so what if she was with me last night. I fucked up, I keep fucking up." Belly looked at him with the same look Iris had given him, "Don't look at me like that. I know I fucked up, I just- I don't know how to not fuck up."

"What happened between you two anyways. Well I mean Jere told me you guys stopped talking after you got with Aubrey, but why? She was your best friend back home, you used to talk about her a lot, always admiring her even when she wasn't there." Belly went off, wrapping herself tighter around Cameron's jacket, the boy she had met at the bonfire. "You wouldn't understand Bells."

"But I could," she looked at him, "I could help you get her back. Taylor calls me cupid." Conrad shook his head, "Last night, I really messed up. I don't know what she does, but she's got this effect on me that makes me crazy, she always had. I just make dumb decisions when I'm around her. And after last night, there is no way she'd forgive me."

Belly got up from the sand, patting the sand off of her, "Being mopey won't help you get her back. It's your call what you want to do, just know I would love to make some summer love happen." She grinned at him, running off. "Where are you going?" he yelled at her. "To see about a whale!" she yelled back.

He thought long and hard about what Belly said, could he get her back?

"Cereal and smoothie for you," Jeremiah smiled, handing her the glass and bowl. "Thank you," she mumbled, digging into her breakfast. Belly had sat down beside her, Jeremiah making her cereal too.

"Oh my god," Susannah squealed, holding two cards in her hands. "Iris and Belly are going to be debutants!" she went up to the two girls hugging them. Iris scrunched her brows, she hadn't remembered marking the card. Belly gave her an apologetic look, Iris sighed, knowing that Belly had checked her invitation for her.

"Wow, okay there's the tea, the auction, the ball, of course, the rehearsal," Susannah rambled, "I need to write this down. We need to go shopping-"

"This sounds expensive," a concerned Laurel suggested, drinking her coffee beside Belly. "Oh don't worry Laur, it's on me."

Belly looked at Iris, "I'm sorry, I just, I really think this would be good for you, for us. It'll be a nice experience." Iris gave a weak smile, knowing that Belly's intentions were pure.

"I cannot wait to see you in those gowns sipping tea, I've never seen you in a dress before. It's not like you," Jeremiah joked at Iris, "I gotta tell Indi about this." Iris smacked Jeremiah's arm, the boy fake crying at her harshness. "Because it isn't like her," Conrad mumbled from the living room area.

"Speaking of Indi, I should invite your parents, I'll let them know when they come over on the fourth," Susannah exclaimed, ignoring her eldest's comment about Iris. "You two, and Laurel, wait right here. I will be right back."

Susannah had left to go upstairs, Steven and Jeremiah had gone to the country club for work, and Conrad went outside for a swim. "Are you two girls ready? Beck is going to go all out for this debutant thing," Laurel laughed, drinking the rest of her coffee before going to do the dishes.

Iris had her mind mixed up. First the thing that happened with Conrad last night, to her crying about what happened with Conrad last night, to her now doing some sort of debutant thing for young prestigious women that were not at all who Iris was like.

Iris grew up to favor sports rather dolls, to stand up for herself rather than have someone stand up for her, she grew up in a household that taught her all of those 'leadership skills' and 'etiquette' that Susannah spoke highly of through lessons and lectures from her parents, grandparents, aunts, and uncles.

But, even though she felt 'out of character' with the whole debutant thing, she knew this would make Susannah happy, and after everything that Susannah had done for Iris, she only wanted to make the woman happy, even if that meant she had to play dress up and drink tea with her pinky up.

SPIDEMEISTER SPEAKS

mini update! conrad's pov

stay hydrated !

© spidemeister