𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘. 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐰𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞

❛ I'LL SEE YOU LATER ❜

I'LL SEE YOU LATER

❁ ❁ ❁

After Conrad had confessed, he left Iris alone with her thoughts, thoughts that conflicted her feelings. She was happy that the boy she first loved had confessed to her, that he had feelings for her, that he actually wants her. But then, she remembered everything that happened between them, and she didn't like the way their friendship had been and how rocky it was.

Conrad had told her that she didn't need to give him an answer right away, which she fully intended on dragging out as long as she could. It was clear her heart was leaning to one answer while her brain was leaning the opposite.

❁ ❁ ❁

"What's going on here?" Susannah asked Iris as she was sitting in the recliner, listening to Taylor Swift and basking the sun.

"Just enjoying the moment," Iris sighed, plucking out her earbuds and pulling her shades to the top of her head so that she could see Susannah clearer."Care if I join?" Susannah asked the teenager. Iris nodded, patting the empty recliner beside her.

"How's your summer so far sweetheart?" the older of the two asked. Iris gave a heavy sigh, "It's been fun and exhausting. Thank you for allowing me to come with you guys this summer."

Susannah simply laughed, "You are welcome here anytime Iris, you're practically family."

Family. Iris had missed her family, though this summer getaway was much needed and she wanted to have the smallest bit of freedom, she missed her parents and her sister. It had got her thinking about college and how she'd be even farther from them, being halfway across the country.

"Do you think I can go back home for July 1st?" she asked Susannah. The older woman have a hearty smile, "You could, but why don't we just invite them up here?"

Iris smiled back at the realization, "I'll ask them." Susannah shook her head, "I already did, they're coming here tomorrow nightish. I wouldn't stay up late but they'll hopefully be here before dinner." The younger of the two nodded, thankful that she had Susannah and glad she and her held a good bond.

"So, the debutant ball," Susannah piqued. "Did you find yourself an escort yet?" Iris played around with the wired earbuds she had taken off, "Not quite, but I do plan on asking someone sometime this week. I just-"

"Is it Conrad?" Susannah asked. "How'd you-"
"It's just a mother's intuition," she shrugged.

"Whatever you decide to do, just know I fully support it," Susannah nodded, tapping Iris on the shoulder, "I'll head back inside, it's starting to get a little chilly," she shivered dramatically. Iris just smiled at the older woman, "I'll see you later Susannah."

Susannah gave one longing look to Iris, smiling and muttering something to herself that Iris couldn't decipher, but Iris didn't think anything of it, so she went back to listening to her music and basking in the sun.

❁ ❁ ❁

SPIDEMEISTER SPEAKS

a lot has truly happened in the span
of a few months. but here is a little
update because i felt bad for going
away

don't worry, fall quarter is almost
over so i will have all of december to
write, especially during my winter
element

love lots, and stay hydrated!

© spidemeister