𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍. 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐫𝐨𝐜𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠

NOT JUST A BEST FRIEND

❛ NOT JUST A BEST FRIEND ❜

❁ ❁ ❁

Rowan and Iris hung outside by Nicole's pool while the rest of the party was inside. "That's your fourth beer," Rowan observed, snagging the bottle from Iris' grasp as soon as she lifted it to her lips.

"What the hell," she slurred, being a lightweight was her downfall. "Drink some water Iris, it could really help," he gave her an unopened bottle of water. Iris rolled her eyes and laid down to stare at the sky.

"He makes me go crazy," she admitted. "Conrad?" Rowan questioned kicking his legs in the water. "Yes. Also how are you not drunk or like tipsy," she asked, when Iris was drunk she was blatantly honest and very much talkative.

"Easy answer; I'm not a lightweight. I am a little tipsy though and I just know how to handle it. But tell me more," he said, looking at her, "about Conrad making you go crazy."

Iris groaned, "He's so annoying, and so mixed, doesn't know how to communicate, a complete bitch, okay maybe not a complete bitch, a semi-bitch, but a bitch nonetheless. And he's a total douche and so freaking oblivious. I've liked him all my life Rowan! All my life ever since I knew what liking someone was. Maybe I was in denial but that was because I felt like he'd see me nothing more than just his girl best friend, a sister even. But he's a guy! He should've seen the small signs of attraction or admiration or whatever the fuck feelings are called."

Rowan laughed, "Iris it's called love and also just because he's a guy doesn't mean he'll know what you're hinting at."

"Are you defending him now?" she slurred even more. Rowan shook his head and got up from the pool, "Maybe you should talk to him. You're a really nice girl Iris, you deserve someone who isn't a 'semi-bitch.' Maybe he isn't a semi-bitch and maybe he's just going through shit you know?"

Rowan looked behind him to see Conrad leaned back against the wall, drinking out of his solo cup.

"We all go through shit," Iris complained. She got up fast, noticing Rowan walk away, "Where are you going," she whined.

"Gonna go play beer pong or something," he yelled, continuing to walk away, "You should talk to the semi-bitch."

Iris' eyes widened, "How long have you been out here," her cheeks reddening as Conrad stared at her. "Long before you got here," he played with his solo cup.

"Don't you think that's a little invasion of privacy Conrad?" she crossed her arms over her chest, her head pounding from the alcohol she had.