127 : Yello Keith Coloflare 7 ~ Princess

‘And then? What happened afterward, highness?’

Sitting on a bench at the Corundum Royal Castle’s garden, Canaria who had beckoned forward.  In her hair was an amethyst hairpin, which is reminiscent of the Corundum royal family.

In the end, I decided to give her a jewelry craft for her birthday gift, which isn’t exactly the best idea for a princess of a country known for its mineral reserves. Nevertheless, women are beings enamored by dazzling things, and even though the main material was not sourced from our country, our country’s cultural designs should make up for it. Sure enough, the lady loved it. Although the red ribbon she wore already made her golden hair shimmer, the purple jewel also matched it quite well. Still, I want to give her a gift that features my own colors next year.

‘Well, I  inquired about him to the harbor jail after a few days but the boy was no longer there. The herb poisoning has made him too weak, so he was moved to the second house of House Walters for treatment.’

I was able to attend Canaria’s birthday this year too, so I was able to tell her in detail just like I did last year.

Being led to the House Walter’s 2nd residence, I arrived at the front door of the room where the boy was resting at. What awaited on the other side of the door, was a bizarre spectacle. The boy was bound on all fours, groaning, attended by a lady with braided sky-colored hair wearing black-rimmed glasses. She was the only daughter of the Count, Missouri.

‘What happened to him?’

‘He is hallucinating due to the after-effects of the magic herbs. He was out of control and harming himself so we had him restrained.’

As Missouri explained, I responded with the same question I had during my harbor observation.

‘What’s a magic drugs? Is it different from a magic potion?’

‘I guess the Coloflare Kingdom would not be familiar with the term. It’s created through wounding an unripe fruit of a magically-potent plant and drying out its sap into a powder. It will have the fruit’s magical effect and can be manufactured without requiring the abilities of a potion doctor. The effect will vary depending on the plant and as for Himemomobana—’

‘It’s hallucinogenic, right?’

‘Not only that, it will make them revere the person who gave them the powder as a their “princess”, turning them into faithful slaves that wouldn’t give their own lives a second thought. It has a high addictiveness, and its withdrawal symptoms is an unbearable desire to take suicide.’

Missouri explained as she read the books, “Coloflare Kingdom Botany,” and “World’s Botanical Encyclopedia,” right next to the bed. For the favourability item to have such fearsome effects, wasn’t the heroine basically just brainwashing the capture targets through drug dependence? Just imagining my older brother becoming as thin as him with the same vacant eyes made me shiver. It’s way too unpleasant.

‘Why would they leave such a dangerous plant unattended? They also use it to make candies, right?’

‘The flowers themselves are not as dangerous, highness. While the salted and candied petals have a slight fascination effect, it’s only momentarily, sir. The fruit themselves are not edible, but they are used to make processed goods in the territories where they grow wildly. But to think that they will be used as a magic drug…’

These magic drugs that are not common in our country are not necessarily poisonous. They were apparently, originally used as pain relievers. However, its high dependability and the addictions are taken advantage of by gangs to make money in foreign countries.