137 : Yello Keith Coloflare 17 - The Repeating History.

Since then, I don’t remember clearly how I got back to my room.

The next thing I knew, I ran out of magical power and vomited everything I ate the hell’s pumpkin that I gorged out and used as an interior design. It’s not as though the coffee did not sit well with my body.

‘Guaa… haa, haa.’

The truth of the Coloflare Kingdom’s history was more normal than I thought it would be. The story about its founding is something you can find in every country, and it doesn’t differ that much from what was written in the forbidden books. However, the heavy feeling that invaded my stomach, as though they were stuffed with stones, persistently remained after hearing it.

‘….What should I do? What would you have me do?’

The problem doesn’t lie in the past. I merely discovered that blood-smeared traditions of the past were still being continued as they were, only changed in name.

Saintesses are naught but a sacrifice.

The first one is to absorb the miasma for herself, and upon failing to bear it, shall fall into witchery and be disposed of. The second one was only an accomplice to that end.

My father knew it. He knew it and yet, he decided to sacrifice Chloe nonetheless. But that is unlikely to happen now given that the lady recovered her past life memories. What now then? Their roles will only be reversed. Lady Chloe will just be the saintess instead and Lady Momo, be the witch.

A wretched place like this that sacrifices the lives of young girls in order to keep its peace does not have the right to claim righteous. A wretched country like this should just—

‘It’s hopeless!!’

I can’t do it. What’s the point of revealing something so far-rooted to anyone at this point in time? The Sacred Church would not allow anyone to threaten the very meaning of their existence either, even if it’s the crown prince. The authority that the royal family had created for the sacred church had now eaten it by the whole.

Besides, even if the saintess, it’s very symbol of that authority, were to destroy the sacred church itself, then what? Who would benefit from such a thing? Only those who seek the kingdom’s dissolution. The kingdom’s loss of one of its very pillars will just result to even more sacrifices. It won’t be possible to rebuild the country’s system in just a short span of time.

Ah, this is so difficult. I shouldn’t have asked for it. For either one between Lady Chloe and Lady Momo to have to fall into witchery. While I do not particularly like either of them, that doesn’t mean I would be willing to push them off to ruin. The density of the miasma until now was just enough for the previous interim-saintesses to purify so there hasn’t been any problem so before. However, now that it satisfies the requirement, history will just repeat itself.

Can I take everything in as the crown prince? Including the weight of this sin? Father did say that I can just forget about it. In the first place, the two of them are just brother’s fiancee candidates, and brother was originally the one to be the crown prince too, according to the game.

‘If I was the brother… what would he choose?’

What would he think upon learning the truth behind saintesses? Considering his fastidiousness, would he not forgive the royal family’s darkness and destroy the church? Or perhaps, he would just use it as a just cause in getting read of Lady Chloe.

But if he does that, it would definitely estrange the House Moonlight. They are nearing their limits. The only reason why father does not view them as a problem is that he has the capability to suppress them even if they revolt… but not everything leads to violence. There is a way to destroy a foe from the inside with protracted subversive activities that are so discreet they escape notice.