Epilogue

Chloe replied that Leddorio had already done something for her happiness, but the prince had no idea of any. He wondered whether the ducal lady meant that his sentiments alone contributed to that end already.

His mouth was left gaping open, and before he even managed to ask the lady, she merely shove the stack of documents split in half.

‘I’m talking about this, sir.’

‘Huh? You mean these reform proposal documents of the crown prince?’

Leddorio inclined his head to the side, wondering what correlation do they have, but Chloe merely enthusiastically nodded in response.

‘That’s it, sir! The crown prince has exhausted severe efforts in converting the role of the Saintess to a civil position of a ‘Holy Chancellor’

First of all, he is solving the miasma problem by constructing a gate to the underworld in the Nansonia region. Next, he suggested expanding the common magic curriculum outside of the House Whitey to fill the deficiencies of sacred magic. He also strengthened the kingdom’s partnership with the Corundum Kingdom through trade. By doing these, he would lessen the kingdom’s overall dependency on Saintesses for its protection.

Of course, the holy chancellor also has new responsibilities that it didn’t have as a saintess. It does not only need to reform the church, but it is also responsible for propagating the faith to our neighbors. Or perhaps, it would be more apt to say that diplomacy was added to its responsibilities. As it is an undertaking that now requires performance both domestically and externally, it will not be able to do its job alone, which made it be paired with an adjutant.’

For a moment, Leddorio was lost in Chloe’s sudden explanations, but as he turned his attention to the stack of papers in his arms, he suddenly came to an understanding. Perhaps, the workload he had been suffering from as of recent are—

‘Are all these your doing!?’

‘Most tenets were consulted to his highness, the crown prince, my father, and the other ministers, but principally, yes, sir.

His highness, Prince Safir has provided a manor to Shin for us to use as a base of operation. Of course, that was also done for the improvement of his relationship with his long-separated family, as well as the other aristocrats.

The missionary work required of me is to keep the empire’s new faith in restraint and to spread the use of sacred magic. However, I believe I can also make a contribution to our exports through advertising by using baromets robes as the first. In this regard, I have already enlisted the cooperation of Sir Sei and his wife.

I would have liked Sir Dai to continue his tenure as his high—, Sir Benny’s guard but not only has he lost an arm, there’s also no telling his return. I was thinking he would prove to be useful to Sir Benny, given that the public order in Nansonia Region is quite poor. It is quite unfortunate, sir.’

Her explanation made Leddorio understand just what Keith meant in saying that he needed Leddorio’s cooperation. True enough, they were things that were required in fulfillment of Chloe’s wishes.

‘Did you… wish for me to become Nansonia’s archduke.’

‘That region requires forceful persistence in creating reforms, as opposed to the crown prince’s cautious implementations. I believe it will be a fruitious endeavor to sir Benny. The appointed abbess shouldn’t be a stranger to his highness too.’

Realizing that her words play a jest on his role in the ducal lady’s post condemnation observation, Leddorio bit his lip. It’s a region with both severe climate and public order—a demotion, above factors, considered—but given his history of harassing the lady by limiting her employment prospects, he thought himself more than willing to receive retribution for it.

Banished Villainessजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें