133 : Yello Keith Coloflare 13 ~ Ladies' Tea Party~

A little while after Chloe Sereknight’s condemnation, that is to say, after the graduation ceremony of the academy, I enrolled as a freshman. Still, because I have switched places with John a couple of times before, I’m already well acquainted with the academy premises.

The royalties are guaranteed to join the academy’s student council in their first year unless they are incredibly inept. For two years, my brother and Lady Chloe led the student council respectively. Originally, Momo was supposed to be elected as a president in the all-friendship route where she doesn’t pick anyone so this change in development was surprising. Still, knowing Lady Chloe, she will just likely use her authority within the academy out of convenience in her harassment of Lady Momo.

While I was thinking that within the student council room, the club president of the newspaper club, Chaco Brown, came to interview me. Beside her was her assistant, John, who is also her cameraman.

‘His highness, the 2nd prince, congratulations on your admission. Thank you for allowing our interview.’

‘Thanks. I’m in your care.’

I greeted them while I and John pretended to not know each other. Then the innocuous question-and-answer commenced. Some were about the admiration of the male students towards me for having a dragon as a pet. Then there was that about how my popularity amongst the female student was so huge that they already made their fan clubs. Then we talked about the graduation of the entire capture targets, as well as Dai’s consistent skipping of school.

As we calmly talked about such things, Lady Chaco’s ambiance suddenly changed.

‘By the way, Prince Yello. My camera right there is John Brian, who has been my partner since my academy admission… This may come off as presumptuous, but doesn’t his highness also think that you both look alike?’

‘Yeah, I know about him. House Brian belongs to the 2nd prince faction after all. His introduction to society has led to such rumors. Some say that with such uncanny similarities, he should pose as a body double.’

There’s a considerable gap when it comes to height now though. Although I am just about to grow from here, I cannot possibly continue to pretend to be two years older, so I stopped infiltrating the academy after a while.

‘I wonder about that, sir. During our first year, he stands close to me watching my friend’s love story unfold but he forgets about it the next day. I believe he has a bad memory.’

‘Huh? Is that tr…?’

Speaking of Chaco’s friend, she likely refers to Lady Momo. I was particularly careful when it comes to her relationship developments, and I always made sure to tell John what happened so that he wouldn’t be suspected strangely. I was about to ask John about it out of reflex who was then became flustered, only muttering ‘your highness’ in response. I was taken aback. She got me. Lady Chaco calmly drank the tea as if to hide the complacent smile that she had underneath while observing me the entire time.

‘We’ve been accompanying each other for two years, highness. Even if you try not to stand out, I will still notice the difference, whether I like it or not. I still have a lot of questions sir, may I continue. I’m particularly interested in covering his highness’ pet dragon.’

‘Haa… alright, then. We’re already at it anyway, and you came with perfect timing. I’ll prepare a tea time inside the castle.’

Alright!—or so Lady Chaco stood with sparkles in her eyes. Looks like she’s been waiting for my admission just for this moment. The other members of the student council had vacant looks on their faces, having no idea what just happened. Lady Chaco must have understood the special circumstances behind it and did not pursue the topic anymore. I’m really grateful for her consideration. If possible, I’d like to make her my ally too.