[IV]

"Our Milestones"

"Our Milestones"

"Toji! Hun, come look! Hurry up!" You urged, balancing Megumi on his chubby legs, trying to help him stand.

Toji grumbled when he came into the living room from his afternoon nap. He slowly blinked his eyes open and saw you trying to help Megumi walk.

Megumi was one now, and still as adorable as the day you first saw him. Slowly, he's been balancing himself from the couches and making tiny steps but now you wanted to see if he could walk without any support.

Of course, he fell many times, but you were sure that this time, he could do it.

"Toji, stay there," you commanded. "Gumi, can you walk over to Papa? You can do it, right?"

Megumi gurgled and babbled while Toji looked down at his son in surprise. Was he already at the age to walk now? Damn, he's really getting bigger by the day, huh?

You stood up and pulled Megumi up with you. You stood behind him and held his hands above his head. This time for sure he could do it.

"Toji, Toji! The camera! We have to record this! Oh my god!" You squealed with excitement as Toji lazily sat down, grabbed his phone, and began recording it.

"Like this?" He questioned, struggling to make the camera face forward.

"Toji, you have to flip the camera," you said, eyeing him as he struggled to figure out which button is which.

For a moment, all you could see was Toji's irritated face until it finally flipped to you with a big smile and Megumi with a concentrated frown.

"You are recording this, right?" You nervously asked, knowing how bad your husband was with the new electronics.

"Darlin', I got this," he reassured with a confident smirk before double-checking whether or not he was recording. Red light with numbers going up meant recording, right? Oh well. It does now.

You nervously nodded and looked down at your son. "Okay, Gumi. You can do it, sweetheart. Walk to Papa," you cooed, helping Megumi put one foot in front of the other.

He stumbled and waddled while making tiny frustrated noises.

"Oh, careful, Gumi," you teasingly said. "Come on. Left then right."

Slowly but surely, Megumi started to wobble over to his father. You laughed in excitement and beamed at your son. "Toji! Toji, look!" You hurriedly called to him.

"I'm looking," Toji rumbled, watching curiously as his son slowly made his way to him.

You helped Megumi halfway until you slowly started to let go of his hands. "There you go, Gumi! Go on, sweetheart! You can do it!"