Chapter 19: Stuffed Bears, Ice Cream, and Jealousy

A/N: Let me apologize in advance. The chapter began well but it got kind of meh at the end. I plan on cutting away the non important stuff because the pacing feels so slow. I need things to go quicker. Next chapter might be... ridiculously long because of it, or super short HAHA.

FAN ART TIME! BY ME!

A cute Al because I'm obsessed with drawing him

A handsome Al because I like to draw him

That is all of the fan art! I'm going to be writing the next one now and hopefully be done by the end of the week or something! Soon, the trial arc will be here! I hope to make it really good. I won't bother you anymore, enjoy!

——

Blindly digging my hand through my wallet, I grabbed five more gold coins. I handed it to the assistant with a smile.

"Here," I said, putting away my wallet.

The assistant smiled back, quickly counting everything, before putting it away. She grabbed the large bear and handed it to me.

"I hope that your loved one appreciates this," She said as I grabbed the bear. The smile on my face was wiped away.

"It's not a loved one. It's just a favor." She didn't seem to believe me as she slowly nodded.

"Yeah, sure, have a great day!"

I left the store with a scowl, already in a bad mood. I put the bear in a chokehold, muttering under my breath, "This better be worth it."

If having a roommate wasn't bad enough, I had to have him as my bedmate too. I thought those slots were exclusive for annoying siblings and loved ones?!

I entered the apartment, barely managing to wave at Kieran and Hina who were making breakfast in the kitchen. The two waved back, before giving me a second glance.

"Why do you have a human-sized stuffed bear with you?" Hina asked, holding her mug of black coffee. I put the bear down, exhausted from having to walk so many flights of stairs with it.