5.4

"This is Agent Stasiak, is this Mia Toretto?" Agent Stasiak asks once someone answers the phone of the Toretto residence.
"This is Mia," Mia answers confused on why an agent would be calling their house.
"I'm sorry to inform you that, Faye Johnson has been murdered," Agent Stasiak explains, causing Mia to start crying. "As was Alice O'Conner."
"No!" Mia yells as she hangs up before she slides down the wall as she cries, having lost the only people with her. Once, Mia has stopped crying and calms down, she calls Dom and Letty.

Panama City, Panama

A little boy answers the phone before Mia asks for Dom and Letty. Dom is underneath a car as he works on it before a little boy runs up to him while Letty walks out of the garage. The boy tells them, in Spanish, that they have a phone call. Letty looks at Dom confused before they walk over to the phone confused as to who would be calling them.
"Hola," Dom says as he answers the phone.
"Dom," Mia says knowing what she had to say next would be rough on him.
"Mia?" Dom asks as he looks at the phone confused as how she was able to find him. "I told you not to try to find me."
"Dom, it's Faye. She's been murdered, along with Alice," Mia says as she chokes back tears. Dom looks over at Letty with a frown on his face.
"We're coming home," Dom says as Mia starts to protest since there are already cops staking the house out.
"Dom? What is it?" Letty questions as Dom hangs up the phone before slowly grabbing Letty's arms, unsure of how Letty will take the news. "Please! Is it Alikat?"
"She's gone, Letty. She and Faye were murdered," Dom explains as Letty's face falls and she begins to shake her head in denial.
"No. No. She can't be gone," Letty says as she starts crying and her legs give out, causing Dom to quickly catch her before she lets out a heartbreaking scream.

THREE DAYS LATER

"We have gathered here to pay our final respects to, Faye Johnson and Alice O'Conner. Let us reflect on their journeys..." The priest says as Mia holds back tears. Dom and Letty stand on the big hill above the cemetery as they watch the funeral. He looks around at all the cops before his eyes land on his sister before Mia glances in his direction. Mia lets out a sigh as she sees Dom and Letty up on the hill before she turns back to the funeral so that the cops would not catch sight of Dom. A few minutes later when Mia looks back up at the hill, she finds Dom and Letty gone.

That night, Mia is silently boxing Faye's and Alice's things up as cops stake the house out as if Dom and Letty would show. Mia takes a box out to the garage.  Mia sets her box down as she sees her brother walk in the garage from the back before Letty follows him inside
"Dom," Mia gasps before she walks over to Dom before pulling him into a hug. "They're staking the place out. If they find you..."
"They won't," Dom says before he pulls away from Mia. "Look at you." It had been four years since Dom had seen Mia and she had grown up. Dom looks around the garage before he catches sight of his Charger, walking over to it.
"Faye wouldn't let them junk it," Mia says as she watches Dom with a small smile before wrapping an arm around Letty. "Even though it is a goddamn curse." Mia shakes her head with a sigh. "When Faye came back, she was always in here, working on it day and night but of course Alice was out here helping her. It was weird. It was like they knew you both were coming back." Dom leans down at the window, looking inside the car before spotting his necklace hanging on the rearview mirror.
"I want to see the crash site," Dom says as he looks at Mia, who sighs while Letty nods in agreement.

Dom pulls up to where Mia, points out the crash site to be. Letty, Dom, and Mia get out of the car before Mia leans against the hood of the car.
"It's straight ahead," Mia tells them as Dom and Letty walk over to where the crash was. Dom visualizes the crash before kneeling down to touch something yellow. Letty looks at Dom confused before she sees the yellow substance on his fingers.
"Someone was running nitrometh," Letty says as she looks at the burn marks, wondering why Alice would be tangled up in something like this. They get back into the car before Dom starts driving them home. He stops about two blocks away from their house.