☆CHAPTER TWENTY SIX

•S.P.G.W.
    (Smart play goes wrong)

    It is 1:30 p.m. I need to get freshen up. Off to washroom, took a bath. I put my pyjamas, sat down to watch something on Netflix.

I really want to talk to James but I shouldn’t because I might disturb his practice.

Simply sitting, I thought to fool James, saying that I will not be able to go see his match because I had something come up very urgent in family.

    Thinking this, I am imagining how he would react.

So, there is still time.

I heard a knock on the door.

It's my neighbour lady asking for help with her gardening.

She is a kind lady, I went and helped her with her gardening and also did some baking.

I didn’t know the time passed so quickly. It is 4:30 p.m.

I told her that I have to go see my boyfriend’s match.

She just smiled and told me to have fun.

I went home got dressed.

As I planned to fool him, I just want to surprise visit him before the match starts.

so, I texted him saying that I won’t be able to go see his match and I hate me, for not being able to go see his match.

I got calls from James but I didn’t pick it up on purpose.

Then, I got a call from Edward again. I picked up the call. It is the bar owner of “Mbar”.

He said that the owner of this phone guy, didn’t have any cash to pay, so, he asked me to go over there.

I said, I’ll be there soon.

I am so in confusion of what is happening to me now. I soon took my car keys and hurried to the bar. Looking at time, it is 5:00 p.m. fine, I still got half an hour for the match to start. I reached the bar.

My god! I can see Edward is fighting the bar tender.

    Looking at him, I ran to stop him.

Edward! Stop it!

He just pushed me, thinking that I am someone else trying to stop him.

When he knew it is me, He came closer to me and tried to lift me up.

But he is so drunk. So, I got up by myself.

I asked, Edward, you alright? What happened to you?

I paid the bill for him.

I said to the bar owner, I am so sorry for the trouble he caused.

Me trying to take him out. He asked me, "Hannah, can I please drink more. Can you please have a drink with me?"

I told, no I cannot. Because I need to go to James's match.

He requested, "please Hannah, you don't have to drink with me but at least give me a cheer for the last shot, I really don't want to feel the pain of me being alone".

I told, don't worry but this will be the last, okay?

I'll call a taxi and let him drop you to your house.

    Edward soon grabbed my hand and pulled me closer. His hands went in circles on my face, he pulled me in and kissed me; I tried to push him away but I couldn't.

But somehow pushed him away.

Edward! What are you doing? Are you out of your mind? What is wrong with you?

He just snapped out of his head. He just sat suddenly on the chair near to him and asked me forgiveness.

He told, Hannah, I am so sorry, I know that you and James are together but I don't know why, but I really felt so connected to you.

    I really love you Hannah, please don't leave me, I'm so alone. After my granny, you are the one who made me feel myself. I don't want to lose you.

I just threw the wine glass near to me hardly on the floor and told him, Are you for real right now? I am just being nice to you but guess you just misunderstood our relationship.

I hope that we will still be best friends.

I should have just taken James's words. I'm so sorry, goodbye Edward.

I left from there.

    • MATCH

    I rushed to the match.

It is already 5:20.p.m. thank God I reached before the match.

I brought bouquet of Nemophila flowers.

As I am entering the indoor basketball court, I could see the fan girls of James's are having this dull face as if they are about to lose something.

I rushed to push them all aside to see what is going on. I don't know how to read the score board but it looks like the D- FENCE team is on the lead.

It is only three minutes match left. Why do I feel like James's spirit is so down and how the hell did the match timings got changed?

    It is the last minute of the match; we were lacking only three points.

I know James can do it. My fingers-crossed, the tension is building so, badly. Now, me biting my nails.

Shit!

Everything went blank.

We lost the match.

Looking at James, I can say how hard it is to accept it.

James's team went to their dressing and locker room.

I ran to the room; Entered inside; I can see Emma consoling James.

Looking at this I slowed down my walking. Did she just hug him right now?

I spoke out, James are you fine? See what I got you.

I knelt down in front of him, holding the bouquet behind me with a gloomy smile on my face.

    I just put the flowers in front my face; saying, "James no matter what, you are always a winner for me baby."

I know looking at his sad face breaks me. I'm trying to hold my tears. As I am saying all these, James just got up, pushing the flowers away.

He stood up stamping my flowers. I yelled, James!?

Then Emma started talking, "Hannah, I really wish I could give you an Oscar award for the great acting you are putting up. Don't try to act all innocent. How long did you plan to hide? Huh?"

Emma, by any chance; did you forget to take your pills? It's because you are acting crazy bitch.

(James) stop it both of you.