xɪᴠ : ʙᴀsᴇʙᴀʟʟ ᴀɴᴅ ʙᴇᴀᴛᴇʀs

As Aquila descended from the stairs, she saw Edward standing away from Bella

"Hey." Aquila said as she walked towards Edward and kissed his cheeks, ignoring her glaring cousin.

"Hello beautiful. Are you ready?" Edward asked.

"Where are the two of you going?" Bella asked. "Does Charlie knows about this?"

"We're heading out to the field to play a game." Edward answered. He's trying to be as civil as he can.

"Edward already asked for his permission yesterday." Aquila added. She gently tugged Edward to direct him outside the house. But Bella blocked their path.

"Can I go with you?" She asked with fake politeness and puppy eyes that didn't do anything to convince anyone.

"No. You haven't told Uncle C and this plan has nothing to do with you." Aquila said firmly.

The two walked out of the house and proceeded to drive towards their destination without giving Bella a choice to say no. They borrowed Emmett's jeep for the occasion. When they arrived at the clearing, Edward helped Aquila down and put his baseball hat on her. Aquila thanked him through a kiss on the cheek.

Stormclouds gathered in the sky as the courting couple approached the family. Esme and Emmett approached  Aquila and Edward with a smile. Emmett scooped Aquila and spun her around before setting her down. Esme was the one who hugged her next. Jasper and Alice who were 'warming up' sent Aquila and Edward a wave while Rosalie and Carlisle sent them a smile while trying to swing the bats.

"Good thing you're here. We need an umpire," Esme said, pulling Aquila close to her.

"She thinks we cheat." Emmett said with a huge mischievous grin in his face.

"I know you cheat." Esme scolded her son.

"Don't worry Momma Cullen, there would be a penalty for cheaters." Aquila winked at Esme.

"I give you permission to hex my husband, Callie." Rosalie said to the girl which made Emmett grunt and Aquila sent the beautiful blonde a flying kiss. Rosalie motioned to catch it.

"Call 'em as you see 'em kids." Esme said.

"It's time." Alice announced as a loud rumble of thunder shook the forest.

And the games began.

Alice pitched with lightning speed. The ball goes as fast as the snitch in quidditch. Edward and Emmett took position in the outer fields. Rosalie hit the ball in full force with an aluminum bat and the sound that the forces made was mixed with the real thunder.

"Now I get why why you need the thunder." Aquila told Esme. "Next time we can play baseball even without thunder storms. I could just cast a silencing spell or a soundless charm." Aquila told Esme.