Chapter one: My grimoire

The story begins the following morning in Hage village- Where the scene focuses on the Demon skeleton overlooking the land, and a lone figure is sitting on top of its head. It would reveal himself to be none other than (Y/N) looking at the relatively dark sky, showing he had woken up earlier than everyone else. But his mind still focused elsewhere on his recent discovery.

(Y/N): *Sigh* Man, last night was something else. I guess I should be happy now that I have magic, but to learn its magic from literal myths from another world- that are living inside my body? Just what is going on?

(Y/N) look at his hand, questioning if he can use his magic again. Raising his hand, he focused on his index finger, and after a few seconds, his finger lit up in an orange and yellow flame burning in the wind. Moving his burning finger around, (Y/N) focused on the flame as it soon shot into the sky. For a few minutes, (Y/N) was messing around with his newly found gift in awe and excitement.

(Y/N): This is awesome. Maybe this Dragon Slayer stuff may not seem too bad. Heck, the name sounds cool. 

But dying the flames down, his mind trails off to his recent talk with the dragons about this power. 

(Y/N): Dragon slayer magic, huh? Igneel and the others said this power was something else. Even though I have this power, they will train me to use it properly. I wonder how it'll happen.

Igneeel: By speaking to you mentally, is one thing.

(Y/N): *Jump scare* Ah! What?!

Instantly, within the mind of (Y/N), a familiar voice would speak to him directly, surprising the young dragon slayer. As he was shocked at first, his mind caught on the voice's familiarity as Igneel.

(Y/N): Wait, Igneel? Is that really you? Where are you?

Igneel: Calm down, child. I'm over here.

While talking, a spirit of Igneel appeared before (Y/N) in a less menacing form

While talking, a spirit of Igneel appeared before (Y/N) in a less menacing form. Similar to a plush toy's size.

(Y/N): Uh, Igneel? Is that really you?

Igneel: Yes, it's me. 

Taking a closer look, (Y/N) looked at Igneel intently as the Fire Dragon king felt somewhat taken aback by the approach.

Igneel: What?

(Y/N): Man, you are so tiny.

Igneel: *Sternly* Watch it.

(Y/N): Sorry.

He would then clasp his hands in an apology, promising to not comment on his size while questioning if this new form is something the dragon can do.

Igneel: No. But this is unprecedented for us as well. It looks like this is what happens when we give you our power. While we can communicate either like this or in your mind, we can't access our original forms.