Chapter two: The magic knight exam

After receiving their grimoires, Asta, Yuno, and (Y/N) have six months to train before heading to the royal capital. (Y/N) was in the forest for hours, testing the limits of his powers and grimoire. Not only did the book hold spells he'd mastered with an added boost in power, but he also had additional spells on top of his dragon slayers' sacred arts. However, the dragons believe he should train to use these spells without the grimoire's aid, for he has the potential to use them without growing too reliant.

One night, everyone sitting at the table was surprised by a feast to commemorate the trio's travel tomorrow by Father Orsi. (Y/N) was drooling a pool for out of the bunch had the most on his palette since his appetite was bigger compared to the rest.

Yuno: (Y/N), The food's not going anywhere. 

Asta: Seriously, your apatite's something else. Kinda like a bottomless pit.

(Y/N): C'mon, I can't help it. Training makes me hungry too. And look at all the meat and pop potatoes. 

Orsi: Well, you three will be heading off to the capital tomorrow. I thought we send them off in style. Of course, some of the caught boars (Y/N) had this afternoon can't go to waste.

Sister Lily: Father went to a bunch of villages. He got all the pop potatoes he could.

Asta: *Stars in his eyes* Oh, father. You're so kind.

Orsi: Don't look at me like that. I mainly did it for Yuno and (Y/N).

Asta: Father.

Orsi: It's true they might make it in. But listen. It's a tough exam, there's no shame in failing Asta. *Smug smile* It's not like anyone expects you to pass.

Asta: I can't even tell if you're trying to cheer me on or putting me down right now!

Orsi: *Sincerely* Regardless, this is your home. Even if it's a crumbling dump, you're always welcome back.

Asta: Don't worry. Like Yuno and (Y/N) I will be fine. Then I'm gonna become the wizard king, and come back for sister lily. Someday, will you mar-

But he was cut off when sister Lily used her magic to punch Asta into the wall

Sister Lily: And (Y/N), we know how much you love to eat, so he tried getting as many for you.

(Y/N): Woah, really? Thank you, father.

Orsi: Haha. Well, don't just stare, dig in.

Everyone: Ikatakemasu.

Orsi: *Whisper* By the way, (Y/N). Make sure Asta doesn't get into trouble on the way there.

(Y/N): I'll try, but no promises.

Finally, the day came when Asta, Yuno, and (Y/N) prepared to head for the royal capital. Father Orsi, sister Lily, and the children wish the three good luck on their journey.