Chapter six: Dungeons

The scene begins in the forest beside the Black Bull base at ten in the morning, where blasts of water can be heard. Its perspective opens to Noelle training with the wand she got from (Y/N) as she fires small water bullets that finally hit her target. She doesn't hit dead on, as it was off a couple of centimeters, but it's making hits to her knowledge.

Noelle: (Hmh. So far, I can regulate my magic for basic attack and defense spells. But at least it's progress. Whoever made this wand is amazing. I should probably thank that stupid dragon for this.)

But the mere mention of (Y/N) popped into her head what he said yesterday, among other things, as she literally slapped herself back to reality.

Noelle: (Wh-what am I thinking?! You're a royal, and he's just a lowly commoner...And yet, I can't stop thinking about him... Ughhhh!)

While Noelle continued feeling flustered about her mini-crisis, her concentration was cut off by what could be described as a blur blitz overhead, followed by a large gust of wind from the opposing direction, nearly knocking her off balance.

Noelle: Huh? That was a large concentration of mana? What was that...?

Shifting perspective, the blur tore through the sky at breakneck speed as it changed its trajectory to the forest before revealing a figure skidding to a halt, surrounded by a group of iron soldiers. As the smoke slowly clears, the blur reveals itself as (Y/N) surrounded by a wave of air currents from using sky dragon slayer magic to fly in mid-air.

(Y/N): Let's go.

(Y/N) would then envelop his feet in fire and launch himself forward, twisting his body for a kick as the flames act like a whip, slicing through the makeshift soldier, followed by spinning on his head to expand the flames and wind to slice and burn the rest. He then senses an incoming attack and weaves past what appears to be wind slashes from all directions before leaping from the treetops to find a couple of soldiers he would target with three wind arrows. Just then, three more appeared from above to attack, but (Y/N) launched toward them while his hands ignited with fire.

 Just then, three more appeared from above to attack, but (Y/N) launched toward them while his hands ignited with fire

(Y/N): [Fire dragon's sacred arts! Crimson Lotus: Exploding Flame Blade]

In just one attack, the torrent of flames destroyed the last remaining dummies, leaving a panting but smiling (Y/N) levitating back down, wiping the sweat off his brow.

(Y/N): Haha. Man, magic never gets boring.

Grandeeney: *Manifests* Impressive. You've definitely improved your control since inheriting the sacred arts.

(Y/N): You think? So far, I can minimize the damage if I use them by sparring the attacks without relying on excessive force. Although, I wanted to try working on some combo spells in advance.

Grandeeney: Ah. So, you used the wind to your fire to expand and amplify the heat while adding wind slashes in the process. Color me impressed. I don't suppose you have additional abilities.