Chapter 9: Ruined Proposal

——————————🌺——————————

Meanwhile, with Isaiah and (Y/n):

Isaiah pulled (Y/n) into a secluded hallway and released her hand.

"What do you want?" She asked firmly.

Isaiah silently opened and closed his mouth, trying to find the right words.

(Y/n) rolled her eyes. "Well if your not going to say anything, then I'm going to go find Mirabel." She started to walk away.

"I'm sorry!" Isaiah blurted.

(Y/n) froze. She had never heard him apologize before.

"I...I'm sorry for being rude to you at the Gift ceremony. I...I didn't mean what I said. Can you please forgive me?"

(Y/n) looked into his eyes with a shocked look on her face. Isaiah looked nervous and upset. She had never seen him look so vulnerable before.

"Um...it's ok. I forgive you." (Y/n) replied.

Isaiah's eyes lit up and he smiled. "Oh, thank you mi pétala!"

(Y/n) yelped as he picked her up in a hug and twirled her around. He then set her back down and kissed her cheek.

Both of their eyes widened once they realized what had happened, and they stared at each other with flushed cheeks.

Isaiah stared into her beautiful eyes and slowly found himself leaning in. (Y/n) didn't stop him, and found herself leaning in too. Their eyelids closed halfway and their noses were about to brush against each other.

Suddenly, the doorbell rang and the noise startled (Y/n) and she jumped away from him.

"U-Um...well, Mariana is certainly going to get a great husband...uh...I should probably go home now..."

"No!" Isaiah yelled.

(Y/n) jumped and her eyes grew wider. Isaiah chuckled nervously before clearing his throat.

"W-What I meant is, uh...you should stay...for, uh, dinner...that is."

"Oh, I wouldn't want to impose..."

"You wouldn't! I promise. Please stay?..." he pleaded.

For some reason (Y/n) had trouble saying 'no' to him, so she let out a sigh.

"Okay..." she agreed.

"Great! I-I'll get you a chair." He announced, wrapping an arm around her waist and leading her to the dining room.

...

"The Guzmáns and the Madrigals together will be so good for the Encanto." Abuela said.

"Yes, then let's hope tonight is not a horrible disaster." Mariana's mother joked.

"To a perfect night!"

Mirabel was staring Dolores down making sure she didn't say anything.

"Salud!" Everyone toasted.

My Precious FlowerOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara