3,2,1 Fight!

I didn't really pay much attention to the lesson after that. Mainly because of the amount of thoughts and question that sprang though my mind. Were my parents really dead? Why did they leave all of a sudden? Nick showed me round the library when I first came, maybe I'll find some information in there. "Miss Angelo?" I heard a familiar voice "Miss Angelo!" I instantly recognised it as Nick's voice. I must have completely zoned out. "Yes sir, what was that?' I said drowsily. "You know it would be much appreciated if you wouldn't ignore me in my own class" he said sounding slightly angry "Sorry sir I..zoned out I guess" I say

"Well next time Miss Angelo, try not to" he said again spinning round back to his computer."You know you were completely out of it" I turned to the girl next to me.

"I know I usually do that" I said

"Its worrying that you've got so much on your mind"

"I guess so" I finally say.  I picked out my timetable from my pocket "We have training next" I look round to see Maya looking round my shoulder at my timetable "Great, what's it usually like?' I ask

"You're in luck newbie, today are the fights"

I look at her confused. "its a tournament, everyone takes turns fighting someone and if you win you go on to the next round until two people make it to the finals and fight in the ring for everyone to watch." she says looking down at the desk "Tyler wins every time though, I mean his dad is like famous around here. He must have trained him well" she then added

"Who's his dad?" I asked intrigued

"Marcus Blake, he's the leader of the underworld" she said

"Is that so" I say looking round at Tyler who was laughing with some other boys and a very pretty girl

"Hey who's that girl?" I ask her

"That is Charlotte Marino, she's always with that group over there. And she has this huge obsession with Tyler and I know almost every girl does, but she follows him around like a puppy, apparently they used to date for a while, but I don't believe that."

"And the two guys next to Tyler are Andrew and Sam, they're the only guys he ever hangs out with."

I looked at the table they was sitting at. I saw Charlotte touching Tyler's arm teasingly and they were all laughing at something I'm guessing Tyler said. She really is obsessed. "Go on class to your next lesson" I heard Nick say, but everyone was already gone part from me and Maya. "Come on then newbie, let's see how good you are at fighting" Maya said before grabbing me by the arm and pulling me away.

I am very well trained in self defence, I was taught by the best. My father taught me everything about the art of martial arts and combat. When other kids were playing at the park, I was learning different guns and sword types. My father taught my siblings and I everything we know to this day. We even mastered certain sports like football, tennis and swimming. Even though his methods were horrific, he made us strong, but I'll never forgive him for how much he hurt our family.

Once Maya had finally dragged me to the training room I spotted Daisy from across the room. I waved to her, she saw me and ran towards me. "You're finally here, look" she said while pointing at a giant screen. It had our names on it and who we would be fighting by the looks of it. I looked around for my name. Once I had found it I looked at the name below it. Charlotte Marino. "You have got to be kidding me' I said out loud

"Rose if I were you I wouldn't underestimate her. She may look harmless, but she wins almost every fight she has" said Daisy

"Yeah I heard she once knocked a kids two front teeth out" added Maya

"And I heard that she broke someones jaw once" said Daisy again

"Don't worry, she shouldn't underestimate me either" I said with a smirk. My fights were in a couple of rounds, so in the meantime I decided to just watch the fights to see if I can identify any weaknesses. As my father always said you must eliminate their weaknesses. Charlotte was one of the first fights. She was going against a boy who wasn't much taller than me. He didn't look like he knew what he was doing. His left leg was out of balance. He seemed distracted, it looked like he was going to throw a punch, it was pretty obvious. He steps before he punches. He was too focused on trying to throw a punch that he wasn't watching Charlottes leg movements. A punch straight to the throat and he's down. And just like I said Charlotte punched him hard in the throat, then wrestled him to the ground. Yeah, she's won that fight. I just looked away and continued punching the punching bag.

The next fight to go was Tyler. He was against this big, muscular guy who was quite tall, not taller than Tyler though. This fight was really vile to watch. Tyler really is a great fighter, he had no mercy. After a few hits the guy was knocked out. "Told you he's good" I saw Maya next to me looking at the guy laying on the ground in horror.Tyler really had no weaknesses.

I was talking to Maya and Daisy when I heard my name being called. "Rose and Charlotte" said the guy in charge of the fights. Charlotte was already there, a smirk plastered on her face."You ready to lose Rosie" she said smugly

"You ready to bleed" I said back to her. The class seemed shock at my response. I looked around Daisy's mouth open in an o shape. I laughed. Charlotte looked angry, that's good. If she gets angry she'll get too focused on throwing the punches hard and she won't think tactically.

"Who so angry, you afraid of a the newbie?" I asked. She was fuming now, you could see her face turning a shade of red.

"Just start the fight already" she yelled angrily at the ref.

"3,2,1 fight!'

Just as I thought. She was mad, she wanted to throw the first punch I  could tell she wasn't paying attention to the position or movement of her feet. She was too focused on winning, she was scared I would destroy her pride. She tried throwing a punch, but I dodged it. This is gonna be easy . My first collided with her jaw and then straight in the nose so hard she lost sight for a bit. I saw this as a chance, I kicked her in her unbalanced leg and she fell. She was now on one knee trying her best to get back up. I kicked her again, this time harder and now she was lying on the floor, blood dripping from her nose. I got on top of her and continued throwing punches to her face, not even thinking about what I was doing. I didn't care about anything else, I wanted to inflict pain and I wanted to hurt someone at this very moment. I continued until I felt a strong hand pull my back. I turned to see the referee looking at me with worried eyes. "You won Rose, you won. Why did you keep hurting her?" he said. Instead of answering I just walked over to Maya and Daisy you stared at me with their mouth open.

"That.Was.Amazing!" they both said at the same time. I just smiled back.

I easily won my next few fights. Daisy and Maya won a few of them, but lost their most recent ones against Andrew and Sam. I watched some of Sam's fights too and he was also very skilled, but not nearly as good as Tyler. I walked over to the stack of weights laid out in order next to the ring. "Hey beautiful" said a voice coming in next to me. I spun round, weight in hand almost hitting the boy in the face. It was Sam. "Woah there, you could of just knocked me out"

"Well you shouldn't have been standing so close then" i said while picking out a heavier weight.

"I guess that's fair" he said laughing. I couldn't help but laugh too. He seemed nice, and not gonna lie he was pretty attractive. He had brownish blonde hair and sand brown eyes. Not bad..not bad at all I thought.

"You know you have a nice laugh" he said while staring at me weirdly.

"I there...something on my face?" I asked confused

"No no its just that you have beautiful eyes. They remind me of the Earth. They're beautiful." he said smiling at me kindly. He was nothing like Tyler.

"Thanks" I said giving him an awkward smile back.

"You know that you and Tyler are in the finals right?"

"Wait what!" I yelled. How the hell how had everyone finished their fights already!

"Yeah, just please be careful"

"Im always careful" I say before taking my weight and walking off leaving him standing there alone. That was weird, but oddly nice.