Chapter 4

It took a total of nine hours for Barry's body to fully heal. It took less than a minute for Joe to pull out his gun and aim it directly at Len's chest.

"Joe, Joe, put that down," Barry pleaded as he quickly stepped around Len to block any gunshots.

"Barry, what are you doing?" Joe hissed, eyes still trained on Len's face. "Get out of the way."

"No," Barry responded simply, crossing his arms over his chest in an attempt to look intimidating towards Joe.

Without a word, Joe slowly lowered the gun, still glaring daggers at the man behind Barry.

"Barry, you have exactly five minutes to explain what the hell is going on before I just start shooting away," his adoptive father threatened, finally focusing his gaze on Barry. The young omega sighed and opened his mouth to answer, only to shut it with a squeak as Len wrapped his arms around Barry's ribs, placing both hands on his belly.

"Congrats Joe. You're going to be a gramps," the alpha stated teasingly, his voice full of cockiness and snark.

Joe's brown eyes slowly slid down to Barry's belly for a second before his gaze slid back up to meet Barry's nervous gaze. The lab full of people grew silent immediately, shock spreading through the room.

"A-a grandpa? Barry? You're pregnant?" Joe stuttered as his hand slipped his gun back into his holestor.

"You said they used protection, Barry!" Caitlin started, startling everyone else into looking at her.

"You knew?" Joe hissed at her and she looked away guiltily.

"She asked because she saw my mate bite."

"Mate bite?" Harry murmured as he raised a surprisingly calm eyebrow.

In response, Barry tugged off his sweatshirt, allowing his neck to be fully visible to his friends and family.

"It was sort of an accident. All of this. Len's.. urm... condom broke while they were helping me through my heat. I hadn't known until earlier this morning about that part of this whole thing. I knew about the mate bite after I woke up from my heat."

"Why didn't you tell us about this, Barry?"

Barry felt his face heat up, turning red slowly, as Len continued to gently rub his belly with his thumbs.

"Stop it," he hissed, elbowing his alpha quickly. "I can't focus with you doing that."

Len sighed quickly and pulled his arms back to his side, his gaze landing on the mark that slightly peeked out from around Barry's neck. He slid a finger gently along the mark, causing Barry to shiver again and he whipped around to face Len.

"Would you stop tha-" he started, only to stop when Len's lips pressed against his own, gentle and full of hints at the alpha's current mood.

They pulled away from the full on make-out session, both panting after going so long without air.

Joe cleared his throat, reminding them that their audience was still standing there and Barry's face, if possible, turned even redder. He turned back to them and smiled hesitantly in an attempt to help lift the mood.

"Barry, you are an adult and I respect your decisions. Doesn't mean I have to like them or agree with them. If you wanted to have Len as your mate, you could've just told us. We would've accepted it."

Barry stared wide eyed at his adoptive father, his mouth dropping open, and he shook his head quickly.

"N-no! This was an accident! It wasn't intentional at all! Why don't you believe me?"

Joe sighed, running his hand over his face.

"An accidental mate bite Barry? Kinda hard to believe. It would've been easier to believe if it had just been an accidental pregnancy but an accidental mate bite? That's just unheard of for any omega. Heat or no heat, alphas don't just randomly mate bite any omega, especially ones they don't like."

Barry let out a groan and latched onto Len's hand, dragging him out of the cortex and down the hall, his family and friends calling after him.

"Well, I think that went great," Len commented casually, causing the young omega to throw a narrowed look at him.

"It could've gone better, Len. A whole lot better. I still can't promise that Joe won't come after you and Mick."

"Let him come, Scarlet. We can handle ourselves just fine."