Chapter 8

Barry couldn't sit still, even if he tried. Four months pregnant was really starting to show on him, the added weight making it hard for him to balance correctly. How did other omegas do this all the time?

His hands slid down to touch his small bump gingerly through the fabric of his nice white button up shirt, a leather jacket that belonged to Len and black jeans adorning the look. He was supposed to be sitting and waiting for his alphas as they got ready but he just couldn't seem to stay in his spot.

He was excited, to say the least, as well as nervous, and those two emotions mixed with his hormones made it hard to relax. His powers were also being affected and he'd found himself constantly phasing through things by accident.

Flopping down in his chair again for the umpteenth, he attempted to relax, resting his elbow against the hard wood table, his jaw resting on his propped up hand. His mind turned to the child inside of him, already so loved by everyone close to the young omega. Even Joe had gotten used to the fact that his adopted son was now mated to one notorious criminal and living with both him and his equally notorious criminal friend.

Smiling, he let out a soft hum, touching his stomach with his free hand, thinking about the gender reveal party that was supposed to start in half an hour. Excitement coursed through him once again, followed by a shot of nervous energy. Would this baby be the gender Len wanted? What about Mick? Would they both be happy? As he sat, focused on his thoughts, he didn't even notice his whole arm phasing through the table before it was too late. His jaw popped hard against the table, the sound as loud as it was painful sounding.

Groaning, he sat up slowly, rubbing his jaw, and the sound of panicked footsteps rushed down the hall upstairs, practically flying down the stairs. He looked up quickly, watching as both Len and Mick appeared, instantly babying him as if he had just broken a bone instead of simply giving himself a pretty bruise on his face.

"Barr, what happened?" Len asked as he crouched down to look into the omega's sheepish face.

Barry leaned over to rest his arm against the table once again and his limb phased through, Mick reacting on instinct and barely catching his face before it made another impact with the lip of the table.

As he sat there, leaned over with his face cradled gently by the hothead of the group, he began to contemplate his life. With his powers going all out of whack, he even considered bringing it up to Caitlin to see if she could give him a temporary solution. After all, if he got any worse, he could end up at the gates of hell when he had originally been sitting in a chair thinking about his future.

"Barry, look at me."

The voice, though calm and soothing, was a bit too hard for his liking and his gaze swept to Len's face, a small whimper escaping his lips like a puppy that was being scolded.

The older man's face softened slightly and he reached up to press his hand against the other side of the speedster's face, petting his soft brown hair gently.

"I need you to relax and calm down, okay? I know you're excited but phasing accidentally Barr, that can be dangerous."

Barry nodded softly, knowing that he was right, and took a deep breath.

"I think we're ready to go. Put your jacket on, Barry. It's chilly out today."

The young omega stood, following Len and Mick to the door, and tugged on a jacket, bouncing on the balls of his feet as another surge of excitement sprang through him. Following his alphas out of the house, he watched as Len locked the door before corralling them down the hall and to the elevator. As soon as the elevator hit the main floor, they stepped out and got in the car, excitement no longer contained by any of them.