Something There

Beal took a walk outside with Philippe by his side. He nudged into him, making him smile and give his nose a hug.

On the other side of the plaza, Y/n dragged a stick in the snow, bored out of her mind, until she heard Sultan bark. She smiled over at him, then bent in the snow, giggling as he jumped into her arms.

Beal watched from the other side with a small blush, feeling his lips curve when he saw how cute she was. Seeing him, he blew a kiss over, which he pretended to catch and put on his heart.

Adam watched both of them from the balcony, fingering his bandages. "I've never felt this way about anyone...I want to do something for them...but what?"

"Well, there's the usual things," Cogsworth suggested, then listed a few off. "Flowers, chocolates...promises you don't intend to keep."

"Ah, no, no," Lumière chuckled, pushing him playfully. "It has to be something very special. Something that will spark their interests." He put his waxy holder to his top candle chin, thinking, then sparked with a flame of realization. "Wait a minute!"

-

The servants hid away as Adam took Beal and Y/n to a great door in the palace. He spoke softly to them, trying to retain his excitement. "Y/n, Beal, there's something I want to show you." He turned to open the door, then stopped, requesting, "But first, you have to choose your eyes."

They both looked at each other, then back at Adam, Beal raising an eyebrow.

"It's a surprise."

Shrugging, they did as they were told. Adam waved his hand in front of their faces to make sure, then guided them inside by the hands.

"Can we open them?" Beal asked.

"No, no, not yet." Adam ran to open the curtains, light flooding in, which was the only thing that the couple could see.

"Now can we open them?" Y/n asked with a giant smile, excited herself.

"Alright...now."

They did and gasped when they saw just how big the room was and filled with the only thing they loved more than each other.

Books.

So. Many. Books.

Atop to the ceiling they stood proudly with bold covers and spines, inviting one to crack their backs and journey to a different world; one of fantasy and adventure.

"I can't believe it," Beal muttered, then laughed, "I've never seen so many books in all my life!"

"You...you like it?" Adam asked hopefully.

Y/n nodded, turning to look at all the books. "It's wonderful!"

"Then it's yours."

They both looked at him with disbelief, Y/n breaking it with a smile. She took his hands and said, "Oh, thank you so much."

Beal looked at their hands, his eye twitching slightly.

Outside, the servants watched with excitement, all chattering.

"Oh, would you look at that?"

"Haha! I knew it would work!"

Chip looked between all of them, confused. "What? What works?"

"It's very encouraging."

"Isn't this exciting?"

"I didn't see anything!" he protested again with a pout.

Mrs. Potts chuckled slightly before ushering him along. "Come along, Chip. There's chores to be done in the kitchen."

"But what are they talking about? What's going on? Come on, Mom!"