ch. IV: follow the light (literal ver)

Song Playing: Invisible String by Taylor Swift

She stood in the hall having no idea why she was so nervous to walk out of her own room. She looked sideways with zero idea on where to go. This house was big. So big she doubted it could be considered a house. She thought along the ideas of a manor or mansion at most.

She held her hands together fidgeting with the tulle in front of her and turned left. Eventually, she'll find a way out.

Hopefully.

After nearly fifty minutes, she did manage to eventually get out. She was certain she went through the whole inside of the house before she found the front door. Looking out onto the street, a new problem dawned on her. Where exactly was her protagonist?

At least she thought it was her protagonist. She still hadn't figured out which book this was since reading and imagining a place is different from actually being there. She tried to summon the screen thing again. If anything could help right now, it was magic.

A couple of tries later, the screen popped up with instructions.

"Follow the trail to reach Lilith." The screen closed.

Naira blinked. What?

Her question was answered immediately as a silver glowing string appeared in front of her. Guessing this as the trail, she started to follow it. As she walked on the gravel path, she saw around herself.

The house that she walked out of was definitely a mansion. Looking at it from halfway of the driveway, she was certain that she didn't stumble through the whole place and that she may get lost in it again. The land around it was big too and other mansions/manors were too far apart. Some had fences while others had walls. On some gates were crests made in some elaborate designs. As she passed the houses, the smells from the gardens were almost intoxicating. There were roses, primroses, sunflowers and some other flowers that she didn't know the name of. The trees and hedges were lined up neatly and trimmed as if with a ruler.

It was the most scenic thing Naira had seen in her life. Then again she lived in a city and this kind of stuff was rare unless you were more on the richer side and could afford gardeners. She was sure there were gardeners here too but couldn't see any no matter how much she tried to crane her neck without being too obvious.

The white glowy line eventually led her to the edge of town. The walk almost made her pass out. She saw an upside down bucket near the edge of some house. With a pain in her right chest, she lumbered to it and sat down.

After a few moments to catch her breath, she realized how unfit she truly was. With a silent vow to work out, she tried to see how far the glowy thing went. From what she could see, it went down into town for a while until it turned out of Naira's vision.

With a groan, she got up. If she wanted to finish this quick, she needed to keep going.