ch. V: make way for the duchess

Song Playing: Life is a bi... by Bibi

"I really do need a workout-" Naira huffed as she kept following the glowy string thing in front of her. She did try to get the magic to fly her there but apparently flying in the 1850s isn't common.

Half an hour of cursing later, she finally reached another manor. It wasn't as big as the one she escaped from but it was definitely impressive.

She looked up at the windows as she approached the front door. She was fascinated by the really big Victorian style windows. How long must it take to clean said windows?

She rang the doorbell and waited a bit. A slightly elderly man came to her in a suit, "Ah duchess! What a surprise! Please, come in. Let me escort you to the parlor."

Naira blinked.

Duchess? Her??

Naira blinked again and looked behind her but there was nobody there. "Are you waiting for someone, your ladyship?" Naira looked back at the old man. There was no doubt about it, he was definitely addressing her.

"Hmm no. I'm not." Naira tried to use a posher sounding voice but it felt weird to her.

The old man moved to the side to allow her to enter the manor. He led her to a living room; the rich people version of it at least. The old man asked her who he should call.

Naira could still see the string trailing into the house, "Lilith. I would like to see Lilith."

"Very well, my lady," he bowed and walked out of the room.

Her shoulders slouched a bit. She felt weird and out of place. The posh accent she was using wasn't helpful either, so she decided to ditch it. She'll use fancy vocabulary instead to appear like she had the same education as a duchess would, look somewhat like a duchess with a straight back and attempt some mannerisms from princess movies she watched as a kid.

She sighed, "At least it's better then nothing..."

The sound of rushing heels on marble could be heard. Naira looked towards the door as a blonde angel- I mean girl speed-walked in.

"Is it true?! Is the duchess really here to see me??"