𝕥wenty-two

"auntie jinnie, when will you join us for game night again?" soojin turned her head towards the ten-year-old looking at her with big boba eyes

"auntie jinnie, when will you join us for game night again?" soojin turned her head towards the ten-year-old looking at her with big boba eyes. her heart melted instantly, pulling taejoong into her side before nuzzling her head against his in a way that made his squirm with laughter.

as promised, soojin and the others who could attend went to jungwoo's place for his sister's birthday party. since she was turning the same age as taejoong, johnny and taeyong decided to bring him along as well.

but nearly twenty-minutes had passed, and they were still the only people to show.

soojin couldn't help but glance worriedly at the birthday girl, who was picking at her bowl of melted ice cream between hyunggu and minho—the two of them trying to cheer her up.

"hey, joongie?" the ravenette found herself asking, eyes still lingering on the youngest kim. "why don't you go ask junghwa to play?"

taejoong was about to ask why but stopped himself when he followed soojin's gaze. huffing a quiet sigh, the boy pushing himself off of the swing he'd been sitting on and made his way toward a very lonely-looking junghwa.

they were too far away for soojin to eavesdrop, but she could tell by the birthday girl's sudden, bright smile that whatever joong said made her happy.

"you orchestrated that, didn't you?" soojin nearly
jumped out of her skin at the sound of jungwoo's voice. throwing her hand over her heart in a fit of exaggeration, the girl exhaled and shouted, "kim jungwoo, do you want me dead?!"

after a short moment of chuckling from the boy, he mindlessly began playing with the long handle of the metal swing as he spoke. "i love my sister, i do. i just wish she'd be more... social."

soojin bit her lip in concentration. "she isn't social? she seemed to enjoy her conversation with your boyfriends?"

"she's fine once she gets to know you, but it's the getting to know people part that she struggles with."

"well," the ravenette began as she gestured towards the two ten-year-olds with her chin, "i don't think you have to worry about that, today."

a smile played at jungwoo's mouth as he watched his sister chase after taejoong, who was holding a soapy bubble stick in his outstretched hand. "you know, baesoo? i think you're right."

•taejoong <3

taejoong <3