𝕥hirty-nine

"oh jeez, do we have everything?"

"yes."

"plates? utensils?"

"yep."

"shit, did i close the fridge?"

"soojin," frankie finally stated, grabbing the panicking girl by the shoulders, and giving her a shake. "everything is perfect."

slowly letting the words to sink in, soojin allowed her muscles to relax. on anhe's birthdays, the three qian's always went over to taerin and johnny's place to celebrate there with joong and taeyong.

this was a party.

soojin has no experience with children's parties. she'd invited anhe's classmates, along with their close friends and co-workers, but that did nothing to calm her raging heartbeat. she was out of her element, and that much was very obvious.

"is there alcohol? did we say no alcohol? who made that rule?"

frankie smiled, "you did, babe."

"fuck, i'm gonna kill myself."

the patio door opened and soojin felt herself go ridged. the apartment owner allowed kun permission to use the rooftop patio for their party, and soojin, taerin, and frankie spent the last few hours decorating and preparing for guests.

after a tense moment of staring, johnny threw his arms up and hollered, "let's get this party started!"

"john," frankie deadpanned, "there are only three of us here. and none of us is the birthday girl."

the door opened again, and in came jaehyun and renjun, followed by jungwoo. soojin's co-worker had a gift in his hands, positioning it to one arm so he could wave at his boss. "soobae! shotaro, sungchan, eunseok, and minah are on their way."

he walked over to the females as they searched for a place to keep presents, while johnny and jaehyun were dramatically sobbing into each other's arms at the reunion.

"it's been so long, bro!"

"too long, bro, too long."

jungwoo narrowed his eyes, "didn't you two hang out last week?"

"... too long, bro!"

it didn't take more than 45 minutes for everyone to arrive. anhe was gleefully running around with her friends as kun and jeno chased after them, pretending to be "freeze monsters". she screamed in laughter when kun caught her, sweeping her off her feet and kissing her cheek.

soojin's entire chest filled with warmth at the sight. the adults had splintered off, breaking into smaller groups to drink or eat or catch up, soojin wasn't quite sure. she bit back a huge grin when she turned just in time to catch jaehyun placing a sweet peck on renjun's shoulder, the smaller of the two instantly flushing pink at the affection.