20~Thank you and forgive me

"I smell like a girl."

All attention swung to Colton who stood in the doorway scowling.

"I wasn't going to say anything, but now that you mention it..." Amusement lined Dean's words.

Leo, Mark, and Peter laughed.

"Seriously, who picked out this shampoo?" Colton held the offending bottle up and jammed his finger at the purple tube. "I avoid toiletries with words like silky, smooth, luminous, and volume."

"Guess you didn't read the body wash." Mark fought a smile.

Colton stiffened. "No, I didn't."

Leo was lying on his bed with one arm propped around his neck. His lips twitched. "It's tropical dream."

"Ah, no, just no." Colton shook his head and stalked to the last bed. "Did you guys have no say in this?"

"You were there too," Peter laughed.

"I was going for the phone and important stuff."

"Yeah, well, we were right there with you so don't complain."

"Still, I can't believe you let Grace and Rose buy whatever they wanted."

"Considering the number of times we've almost been killed in the last few days, I didn't think my soap was that important." Sarcasm lined Dean's statement.

"It's only important to divas like Colton," Leo snickered.

"It's not funny." Colton groaned. "Wonder what the girls are talking about?"

Peter turned his head. "Most girls would be having emotional breakdowns after what we've been through."

Leo smiled. "Nah, they're probably laughing about how sweet we smell."

The pounding knock shook the door and all the guys shot to their feet as if prepared for battle.

"We need a weapon," Dean hissed.

Peter shoved something in his hand. "Here."

"That's your shoe!"

He glanced around. "It's all I have besides a pillow."

Leo stalked to the door, looked through the peephole, and motioned everyone back before cracking it open and stepping outside.

The whispers of protests were cut off.

"Thank goodness, you're still awake," the frantic man said. "I'm sorry for the late hour. My three-year-old flushed a bunch of river rocks down the toilet. It's created quite a mess and we can't find the plunger."

"My parents are sleeping, but if you'll wait a sec I'll grab the plunger." Leo gently closed the door as if being careful not to wake anyone and headed for the bathroom. The others watched silently.

Dean leaned his shoulder against the doorjamb. "It could be a trap."

Leo seemed to consider that. "I don't think so."

"Your dad said to lay low," Peter reminded as Leo left the bathroom carrying the plunger.

"Refusing to open the door would draw attention. He obviously knows someone is here."

"How?" Mark asked. "There are no cars parked out front."

"Our clothes are drying outside and the lights are on."

"Does he look dangerous?" Janessa asked.

Leo leveled a look at her. "He looks like a stressed-out dad with an overflowing toilet."