Chapter 9: Jungle Temple

After the failed battle, Katherine do her best to heal the two boys and Midnight's wounds, while Luna do her best to comfort Olivia who is heart broken. She felt so lost without Jayden, and guilt also in her, Midnight git hurt because of her stubbornness.

"Hey, we'll bring him back and stop Blitz", Luna said try to comfort her friend, "no matter what".

Olivia had hard time believing that, and she end up crying on Luna's shoulder and Luna just hug her. At the same time, Luna don't know how are they going to bring Jayden back, she just need to think of something.

Just then, Katherine walk out of the tent and meet the two girls. Luna look at Katherine with sad face, Katherine can only sigh and sit beside Olivia as she join the hug. When they part ways Luna and Olivia look at Katherine.

"How are they?", Luna asks.

"They're still healing", Katherine answered, "I use most of my energy to heal and I need a short break".

"Is there a way me and Luna could do to help?", Olivia asks, hoping that there is something.

"There is a way to heal them faster", Katherine said after thinking for a while, "you both have to fuse me with your energy".

Olivia and Luna look at each other and nodded, Luna look at the remaining Hybrids, "stand guard outside and if anything happen alert us", she said.

The three girls walk into the tent, "how do we do this?", Olivia asks.

"Place a hand on my shoulders", Katherine said and the girls do as told, "focus your energy on your raised hand".

Katherine can feel Luna's and Olivia's energy flow inside her. She waste no time and use the given energy to heal Tyler, Ezra and Midnight. They can see their wounds are closing and starts to gain conscious.

"That should do it", Katherine said and the two girls stop, "we should let them rest", Katherine said as she look at the two.

The three go out just to let the patients had a quiet time. Luna and Katherine had a talk while Olivia lost in her thought.

She look at the ground, "Jayden, we met for how many years now but then I feel like I met you when we were kids", she thought, "you always there by my side when I need help, and now you need help and I'll be there to help you".

Luna and Katherine look at Olivia, "we'll bring him back", Luna said.

Olivia look at her, "and do you have any plan?", she asks.

"I have a plan", Tyler said as he and Ezra walk out of the tent.

Katherine quickly go her boy, "are you alright?", she asks, worried.

"We'll be fine Kath", Ezra assured.

"What's your plan?", Luna asks Tyler.

"We continue our journey", Tyler answer.

Olivia couldn't believe on what she hearing, "how about Jayden?", she asks, a bit harsh.

"Blitz might be after the book as well", Tyler explains, "if she do, then we can save Jayden".

"And if she don't?", Katherine asks

"Blitz also after Luna, so she will come", Tyler point out, "we so we just need to stick with Luna", he continue, "but, if Luna get capture then every hope of getting the book, save Jayden and win this war will be lost".

"We depart at sunrise", Ezra said and they agreed.

Olivia went inside the tent and sit right next to her hybrid. Midnight weakly place it's head on Olivia's lap and Olivia gently groom it.

"I'm sorry that this happened to you", she apologize, "I promise that I will protect you just like you protect me".

Once they all ready, they continue their journey to the jungle temple and feeling aware of their surroundings. They keep Luna in the centre to protect her.

They keep on walking until Katherine spot something, "I think I see something", she said, "Oli, can you fly up and see if it's the temple?", she asks the dark angle.

Olivia flap her wings and fly up to the sky, she sees an abandoned temple up ahead, "I think that's it", she said raising her voice to make sure the others heard it from below.

The five and the hybrids continue walking ahead until ahead of them is a big temple and it's taken over by the nature, vines and leaves everywhere, and it's also ruined like been raid a long time ago.

Just as they about to step into the temple, they got interupt by a howl and suddenly the Arc wolves appear. The five had their weapons ready and the hybrids are growling at the wolves.

"Never thought you all have the courage to enter the temple", The alpha suddenly said, "we are the guardian of the 'Book Of Loyalty' and we would guard it until our last breath", he said.

They suddenly remembers what the commander said about the 'guardians' and he want them to beware.

"We just want to put an end of the darkness that try to currupt this whole land!", Katherine said, "and to do that, they just need the 'Book Of Loyalty' ".

The Arc Wolves become more aware, "why do you want to save others so much?", the alpha asks.

"Because it's our duty as humans to bring peace to others", Tyler said, "not just humans, but also other creatures like you and hybrids".

The alpha starts to get convinced by this, "also we don't want any more humans or creatures to die because of this darkness", Olivia added.

"Tenzella is my home", Luna added, "and I want to save it".

The wolves starts to calm down, "alright", the alpha said and lead them inside the temple. He look at Ezra as they walk, "why did you side with humans when you clearly a wolf?", he asks.

Ezra look down at the alpha, "these humans are what makes me who I am now", he answer, :and they're my friend".

"Shouldn't there be six of you?", the alpha asks as they all walk towards the main door, "where's the other one?"

The five didn't expect the question, Luna and Katherine comfort Olivia. Luna look at Tyler and signal him to say something. Tyler nudge Ezra's shoulder to help him.

"Someone named Blitz take our friend away", Ezra explains.

"And her target is Luna because she's our last hope to bring back peace", Tyler said, "if Luna's taken then, all hope will be lost".

"I understand", the alpha said, "that answer why you all stick by her side".

They finally arrive at the main door, the entrace to the temple which was cover by vines, leaves, roots and there's also little cracks on it.

Luna is about to open it, but stop when they heard footsteps echoes through the main entrance. They all quickly turn around and see Blitz walking towards them with Jayden beside her and he still in his demon's look.