Chapter 11: A Day Of Relaxation

After they left the forest weeks ago, they spot a lake and few oak trees around it and think that it's a good spot to rest for a day after long journey they had.

They just finish eat their lunch that Tyler and Luna had prepared.

"Hey Ezra", Katherine called making the wolf boy look at her, "want to walk around the lake?", she ask.

Ezra smile, "sure", he answer, "I don't see why not". The two couple walk around while hold hands.

Luna just finish cleaning the plates then she look around, "where are Oli and Jayden?", she asks noticing it's just her, Tyler and sleeping hybrids.

Tyler stop what he's doing and look around, then they hear a sound from above. Olivia and Jayden are in the sky flying around.

"They both must have a race", Tyler suggest.

Luna just chuckle, "ever since Jayden control his demon, those two love to race just to see who's the fastest", she said.

"I agree about that", Tyler said.

After the cleaning, Luna sit alone by the tree looking at the beautiful lake, "what is the light core that Blitz talking about and why is it so important that this so-called 'Zain' want it so bad just to rule?", she thought, remembering what her enemy said back in the temple, "plus what is his connection with me?".

Luna snap to reality when she notice Tyler is sitting right next to her, "you ok?", he asks.

"I'm fine", Luna answer without looking at him.

Tyler not really convinced by this, "you're lying", he said.

Luna just continue staring at the lake, "is it really that obvious?", she asks.

"Yes", Tyler reply, "thanks to your emotionless tone", he said.

Luna smile, "you're sharp", Luna comment.

"Thanks", Tyler said then his face turn to sad and focus even more, "what's wrong?", he asks again.

Luna just sigh, "all of this I thought was just a dream", she said and Tyler only look at her, "I mean, I've still hardly believe that I'm a princess of a kingdom that is being conqured by someone that is hunting me down", she continued, "and I don't even have any idea what connection I have with whoever it is".

Tyler stare at her for a moment then he place a hand on Luna's shoulder making the girl look at  her, Tyler then smile, "we will get your memory back and figure it out together", he said, Luna smile at him

"I'm sorry that I'm too reckless back at the temple", Luna apologize, "I was just desperate to know who I really am", she admit.

Tyler softly smile, "I understand", he said and Luna look at him again, "if I lost my memory and wake up in this situation, I also hardly believe it either and would be reckless as you", he said.

"I actually know why they're aftering me", Luna suddenly said and Tyler look at her in surprise, "inside the temple when I battle Blitz-", she begin, "she told me that I possessed the power of the 'Light Core' ", she explains.

Tyler is confused and shock at the same time, "light core?", he asks.

"I don't know it myself either", Luna said, "but she said if the enemy manage to get their hands on it, then something terrible would happen far from worse".

Tyler just look at her in shock then he take a breath, "then we will do our best to protect it and stop whoever it is", he said.

Luna look at him instead of a smile, she look at him with sad face, "you all still fight for me?", she asks, "I'm the cause of this war", she said, "if you or them decide to hate me, then I won't blame you guys for it".

Tyler raise a finger to Luna's chin making the girl to look at him, "we will never hate you", he said and Luna's eyes starts to tear up, "we're friends now and we will always be there for each other and I promise you that".

Luna wipe away the tears, then she look at Tyler again with a smile this time, "and I will always be there for you guys too", she promised.

Thet both look at the lake with awkward silence for a minute.

"Tyler", Luna called and Tyler look at her, "I know today is our rest day", she said then she look at him, "but can you train me for a while?", she asks.

Tyler smile, "sure", he said.

The two walk up to where their weapon lies. Tyler teach her some moves that could defend herself from an attack.

From distance, Ezra and Katherine look at the two training. Then Olivia and Jayden land down near them and looking at their two best friends.

"Those two really meant for each other", Katherine comment as she looking at Tyler who trained Luna on the other side of the lake.

"Tyler is still too scared to confess", Olivia added, "and Luna not really see his feelings just yet".

"It took time for the two to become officials", Katherine said.

"And clearly not now", Ezra said, "perhaps after their mission is complete".

"As much as I hate to admit it, they are the most strongest and iconic duo I've ever seen", Jayden said.

The three just laugh at his statement and continue on looking at the huntsman and the new huntress.