Chapter 33

I have for sure struggled more to write now that I'm not doing my dissertation so sorry if chapters aren't particularly good...it's definitely more of a struggle...but I am trying to start writing for Elodie and Max...but as I've said before I find it hard sometimes lol.

****

15 minutes later I was in the lobby of the hotel as instructed, changed out of my dress and heels and into navy joggers and a plain green cropped t-shirt and baseball cap with white air forces. I had a white sweater pulled out and resting on top of my rucksack as well in case I wanted to get cosy later. I had told the receptionist to cancel my taxi and was just chatting with Pierre about his plans for the summer with his family, which areas of France and Italy he was planning to visit, trying to scope out recommendations from the expert. Eventually, Dan and Max met us, both looking tense until they saw me awkwardly wave at them while standing next to Pierre with all my luggage.

"This is all yours?" Daniel asked, looking at the four suitcases and rucksack...I nodded shyly.

"I have to have options for all weather, it's really annoying. I wish I could just turn up in this," I say motioning to my current extremely comfortable outfit. I notice Daniel checks out the outfit, nodding and smiling casually, but when I look at Max it seems like he's less studying the outfit than he is studying me, causing my cheeks to turn bright red. I'm suddenly really grateful that the cap I'm wearing will be dimming the luminescence of my cheeks. "Anyways, I cancelled my taxi to the airport, I will probably be too late to check all my stuff in...so now I need that ride," I say to Max, trying to see if I can get his eyes to look back at my face. He seems to be zoned out though and doesn't respond, that is until Daniel waves a hand in front of his face as all three of us giggle when Max realises he got caught and quickly goes bright red.

"Shall we go?" He asks, looking at Pierre and Daniel, ignoring my existence for a second. Great, so we're back to this. I roll my eyes and nod. Pierre helps me with one of my suitcases as I put my rucksack on, grabbing two of them and glaring at the last one, which thankfully Daniel grabs as Max has already headed outside, seemingly in a world of his own.

"Thanks guys," I say smiling as Daniel and Pierre start doing Jenga with the different suitcases.

"What do you even pack in here?" Daniel asks, picking up the smallest but heaviest bag.

"Oh, that's my PS4," I explain and his eyes go wide as he begins to handle it with far more care than before. "One is shoes and makeup, one is team kit, and the other is my own clothes which I think has my trophy in it too, but I don't know if JC took it back to the UK with her. Then I have my laptop and hard drive, camera, chargers and headphones in my rucksack." I explain as we finally finish sorting the suitcases out. Deciding that the PS4 will go in the middle seat.

"Whose driving?" Daniel asks, and there's a quick chorus of not it before I realise what has happened and I groan.

"I don't want to drive!" I exclaim nervously. Chauffeuring three other formula one drivers really did not sound like a cup of tea.

Dan smirks from his position next to me, "too bad, you lost."

I shake my head as I try to think of an excuse, a reason why it can't be me. "I can't! I've been drinking!" I say triumphantly, a smile covering my face. Daniel's face falls as Pierre and Max point out that they have also been drinking so Daniel is forced to drive.

"Fine, but you're driving next time Carter!" He says insistently and I just stay quiet, trying not to agree as I place my suitcase and rucksack in the back seat. Interestingly enough, I notice Pierre runs to the front seat, forcing Max to take the other seat in the middle. While I don't really understand what is going on, I see the two boys in the front exchanging knowing smirks which really annoys me.