Chapter 49

The flight to Monaco from Milan the next day was pure pain, between sore muscles and a banging head my sunglasses stay on and my eyes closed the entire flight with Max, Pierre and Daniel. I was struggling to not throw up, let alone remember the night before. Well, Max and I were. Daniel was sat unhelpfully across from the two of us dropping suggestive hints and causing painful flashbacks.

Pierre finally puts his phone down and joins us around the table on Max's jet, smirking and annoyingly fresh. "What's wrong Carter?" He asks smugly and I shoot him a glare.

"Look, both of you can shush, alright? Just because I don't do this all the time doesn't mean that you, the happy drunk," I say pointing at Daniel whose smile drops slightly, "and you the French man whore," I say pointing to Pierre whose smile drops completely, "can make fun of me. Now, either tell me what happened last night or shut the hell up and stop looking at me like you know all my secrets." I say with a glare. There is silence around the table for a few moments before all three of them burst into laughter causing me to quickly cover my ears, trying to block out the pain, causing even more laughter. I drop my head to the table, giving them all the middle finger, leaving my head down until the laughter turns into soft chuckles. I tilt my head up when this happens and look at the happy drunk and the French man whore who both have humour in their eyes as they look to continue the teasing.

"Alright, that's enough," Max tries to call the two guys off my case and I stop short of thanking him, instead sparing him a quick glance before retraining my eyes on the two idiots in front of me.

"Well, after dancing with Lewis," Pierre starts before Daniel continues, and they take turns filling me in on my actions last night.

"You sat at the bar and got hit on by one of the biggest male stars in Hollywood." Daniel continues and my eyebrows raise as I take it in, finally making the move to sit up and lean back in my chair, ready to find out what happened last night.

"But when you left him, he looked pretty gutted so I don't know what happened there..." Pierre said questioningly and realisation crosses my mind as I remember my interactions with Matthew the night before. I'm too busy reliving the moments of the night to notice Max's body go incredibly tense as he intently listens, all three of them waiting for me to film them in on what happened.

"He asked me out," I murmur, a smile dancing across my face at our brief interaction. The two men across from me's eyes light up with this information. Then I sigh before simply continuing, "but I said no."

Both Pierre and Daniel exchange a knowing look with one another before glancing at Max beside me, obviously hoping to get a reaction from him as well at that information but he doesn't really react.

"Then you rejoined me on the dance floor," Daniel said, dancing in his seat as if he's reliving the night and I giggle as he shakes his shoulders, invading Pierre's personal space in the process. "And then Max joined us," he finishes off, sending Max a knowing look.

I glance at Max after a few moments of still drawing a blank, his face is rather red and it's clear that whatever I don't remember, he does. I chew on the inside of my cheek guiltily. "And?" I ask trailing off, waiting for the rest of the story.

"And nothing, we danced," Max says simply, but his voice is full of warning as he avoids my gaze and meets Daniels. I see Daniel subtly nod before Max turns to me, trying to confidently dissuade any suspicions I might have, but he's not particularly good at selling it.

Meanwhile, I'm fantastic at selling dumb confidence, as the memories begin flooding in from last night when Max's hand glances at mine, the electricity of his touch bringing back all the memories. I make sure to keep my face the exact same as I remember how daring the both of us got when dancing with one another and for once my body doesn't betray me.