3. Picking the electives and an old friend

"No great mind has ever existed without a touch of madness."
― Aristotle

After classes, I said goodbye to my friends and started going toward the student council room. On my way, I saw a boy with hair that is reaching to his chin, and the left side of his face was covered by hair. Pretty interesting, I suppose.

When I opened the door, the happy faces of Fujiwara and Shirogane, and the suspicious face of Shinomiya surrounded me.

"Come, come, Ayanokouji-kun. We were just discussing what electives should we take." Fujiwara excitedly talked.

"I remember they did give us a sheet about that, Fujiwara." I took out the sheet. "So, what are you three choosing?" 

Shinomiya groaned and pouted while looking at me. Her expression was saying like 'You spoiled my plan.'

Huh? What did I do? She was now glaring guns at me. She's scary. Will I be able to go home safely today?

Fujiwara just chuckled and hugged Shinomiya "I am going to pick the same one Kaguya-san. We don't get to have the rest of our classes together, so we should pick the same elective!"  I guess they're good friends. I hope Fujiwara is not like Kushida.

"You can't use that as the basis for your decision. This is your chance to learn something. You should make a choice based on what you feel you need to learn." Shirogane chided Fujiwara. Then he looked at me with a victory smile 'Yes, now please help me Ayanokouji.' "Ayanokouji, what elective are you going to choose?"

"I guess art." 

"Why art?"

"I'm pretty good at music and calligraphy. I want to try art."

"You're good at music, Ayanokouji-kun?" Fujiwara asked me with a horrified expression. "How good are you at it?" 

Why is she scared? And why is Shirogane averting his eyes?

"I'm pretty good at playing piano."

"I-I see. Can I hear you play?"

"Maybe later, Fujiwara. You can decide the rendezvous and the music I play."

"Fine then." She sighed. What's wrong with her?

"I guess I'm gonna choose art as well." Shirogane wrote his form. "Ayanokouji, Fujiwara, we have something to do with some affairs and secretarial work right now. Help me carry these." He gave us a pile of documents.

Then we walked away. I guess Shinomiya will pick art as well. Because she might get distanced if she takes other electives. Or she might want to be in the same group as Shirogane. And Shirogane knew her plan too. Impressive.

***

I've reached the student council's room. I opened the door and saw Kaguya-sama dancing.

"Kaguya-sama, I've been told to come here and I did." 

She stopped and gained her composure. "What are the reports, Hayasaka?"

"Nothing. He's nothing but a normal high-schooler with good grades, other than that, I don't have any leads. His details are blocked. Should I contact the main family to search for him?"

"No. Well, if he's no threat to us, we do not need to spy on him."

I haven't told her that he found me since she might get nervous about it. Kaguya-sama is easily excitable. 

I feel like Ayanokouji-kun won't trouble us unless we provoke him. And I feel like we did a mistake.

***