6. Birthday part 2

"Misfortune nobly born is good fortune."
― Marcus Aurelius

Ayanokouji POV

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PRESIDENT, Onii, Miyuki.!" We all celebrated Shirogane's birthday while he cut the cake Ishigami bought. 

The student council members and Shirogane's dad and sister are here as well. 

"Thanks, everyone," President said and we started to eat dinner.

After eating dinner, I went outside to have some fresh air. I noticed his father looking at me as well.

His father looked at me. "Hmm, so you're that Ayanokouji-kun my son and daughter are talking about?" I nodded. "Hmm, thanks for inviting me by the way. It's been a while since I've been to a party after my wife left me."

"I'm sorry about that. Miyuki and Kei have told me about that story. You were a great man who had a misfortune." After looking at the Shirogane family. I can understand whom did the president take after. His father is a hard-working man. Even though his business shut down, he went bankrupt, his wife abandoned him and his children, and this man never gave up.

"I'm not a great man, just a victim of your pops. So, how did you escape from Atsuomi, Kiyotaka-kun?"

My eyes widened. My face faltered. I looked at the man with surprise in my eyes.

'How does he know?'

"Hmm, your face is still the same. Just a little surprise enveloped it." He seems amused. "You might be thinking how do I know?"

I nodded. I put up my guard. I was releasing some of my blood lust.

He looked at me with his usually stoic face. "Don't look at me like that. We were classmates in college. He is a man like I was. A man, full of ambitions. When I opposed the 4th generation's beta curriculum, he forced Shinomiya to devour my company. I never regretted opposing him. I knew the consequences, yet I played a hero." he chuckled. "For that, my family's got bankrupted and got dirt-poor. My wife estranged me and my children. Yet, I'm still proud of the choice I made. I'm a foolish man."

"You're brave. A brave and kind man. No one could stand against that man." I said feeling admired by this person.

"What are you going to do now?" He asked me.

"I don't know, Mr.Shirogane. For now, I want to enjoy this freedom."

"Hmm, I may not be useful. But you could always come to me for help."

I nodded.

"And call me daddy as well." He added.

"No." was all I said.

This man is hardworking, brave, noble, and quite crazy in the head.

***

Mr. Shirogane left the restaurant because of his part-time job.

"Hmm, Ayanokouji-kun?" Fujiwara called out to me.

"What is it, Fujiwara?" I asked.

"You said you could play Piano, right?"