Chapter 3

Wali just heard me. Oh shit, Wali just heard me. I called him angrez. Me to mar gyi. Kia karoon. Play it cool or run for it.
Ya allah ye zameen khol de aur mujhe iss me phenk de"

"Ahm", she cleared her throat.
"Vo mujhe laga k Haris hai."she said looking straight at him.
Before she could say anything, Wali started laughing.
Insia looked at him dumbfounded.
"I'm sorry, meri miskeen chai." Wali laughed . His deep voice sounding like music in the empty room

Insia was embarrassed beyond any explanation so she just got on her way, a frown gracing her flushed red face.

Wali looked at her all the way she stomped upstairs.
Wali was mesmerized at how much she had changed over the years.

"Ughhhhh" Insia grunted at her stupidity.

She was so embarrassed that she could no longer focus on her work so she just pulled the duvet over her head.

The morning was as painful as the previous night.

The embarressment was still fresh in her memory and now she would have to face him again.

As soon as thr fajr azaan emanated from the walls of the room, she got up to pray.
Praying always brought a sense of serenity in her.

"Ya Allah! Please guide me to the right path and protect me from embarressing myself" she said.

It was almost 6 in the morning when she went out her door into the main room. As expected no one was outside.
Thankgod. she thought.
The servants were making breakfast.

"Salam, Auntie." she said to the old woman flipping parathas.

She helped around and slowly the females of the family started coming to the kitchen.

"Salaam Tai maa." she said joyfully to the lady who came out with a huge smile on her face.

" Did you sleep well?" she asked haer tai.
" I did, bete. Did you sleep well."
The question brought the memories from last night. She just laughed it off.

All the family members were coming out of their rooms for breakfast.

"Tai ammi, mujhe bhook nhe h, to ap please Haris se kahen k vo nashta kr k mujhe studio le jaaye. Mujhe bas aadhe ghente ka kaam h."
"Haan beta me kehdoon gi lekin nashta to kr leti. Ruko me Wali se kehti hun vo le jaaye ga."

She practically screamed, " Nhe!..... mera matlab abhi vo kal hi to aaya h . he must be tired. Ap Haris se kehden please."

" Youre right. Me Haris ko kehdoongi jab vo aaye ga to."

With that she ran upto her room to get her stuff. She doesn't get ready to go to the studio since the studio has women employees only.
So she just wore a long dupatta over her oversized kurta and shalwaar that she wore last night before sleeping.

"Baji, Ye Insia kahan he Koi khayal hi nhe isse. Shohar aaya h ghar itne saalon baad aur abhi tak uthi bhi nhe . 9 bajne lge hn." Maheen, Insia's evil chahchi said to her Tai.

"Uthi hui h. Uss ko duniya ka aur koi kaam nhe ? Mehnat krti h vo. Mere mana krne k baavajood bhi saara nahta banwaane me madad krti h . raat bhar apna kaam krti h. Din me ghar ka kaam krwati h. Aur kia kre. Tum Hania ko kaho k kabhi ghar me bhi raha kre." she replied to Maheen in a harsh tone.

Maheen who was obviously offended but didnt say anything.

Slowly, the children also stated comimg out of their rooms.
First Ameena and then Hashir in his business attire. Then Zakariya came to the table along with Haris. Finally at last, Hania walked out.
She was wearing bright coloured long top with a wide jeans and a thick layer of makeup and fresh perms that shaped her face.

" Tum itna tayyar ho kr kahan jaa rhi ho subah subah " Ameena asked her.

" Kahin bhi nhe. ghar p hi hun aaj me."
Hania replied.

" You look like you're off to a circus, you know. Itna tayyar tum Wali bhai ke aane ki khushi me to nhe hui?" Haris asked her teasingly.

"Shut up, Haris." she replied harshly.

" Samajh gya. Abhi dekhna, jis ka shohar aaya h na , vo maasiyon kitarah aajaye gi. likhva lo mujh se and you dressed up like a new bride."
At that very moment, Insia ran downstairs dressed exactly like Haris had predicted.

" Dekha mne kaha tha na." which made both Ameena and Haris laugh.

She sat down on the table along with all the family members.
Her eyes scanned the long family table.
Shukkar h . nhe aya. she thought.

Sound of steps were brought to the attention of all the family members.
Wali in a casual sweatpant, sweatshirt combo came down the stairs, his hair hiding his forehead.
Unlike his usual sleek hair that were put back with the help of gel, this Wali had his hair freshly washed without any effort put in them.
" Good morning! " Wali said as he entered into the dining room.

Insia kept her attwntion towards her meal.

"Did you sleep well, beta?" chachu asked.
"Quite well, actually." he replied while glancing at Insia who was busy in her meal.

The whole table got busy chatting.
Ameena was on her phone while eating which got her the death stare from her mother.

After eating Insia got up.
"Haris, lets go. I'm getting late."

"Nhe bhai, mene dost k saath kahin jana h. Tum driver ko le jao." he nagged.

"Nhe nhe nhe, driver mujhe parlour le kr jaye ga. meri nail appointment h. I can't drive myself back." Hania said before Insia could even say anything.

"Vese bhi achi bhali ho but driving nhe krni tumhe. Iss ghar me shayad tum hi ho jo driving k naam se bhi aesi haalat ki ho jaati h k jese bhoot dekh lia ho."Hania continued.
There she did it. She just hit Insia's Achilles heel. Something she would never wanna talk about.
Its not that Insia doesn't wanna drive. Its just her past wont let her.
Even just sitting in cars was difficult for her a few years ago since it brought back bad memories.

Insia looked at Hania. Anger and hurt both visible on her face, but what would she expect from her.
"Hania!" her father called her out loudly.
Everyone knew that not driving was a personal thing to Insia. It wasnt that easy to talk about for her
"Aree aesa bhi kia keh dia iss ne." chachi chirped back.
" Baba, me chor aaonga Insia ko" Hashir said to lighten the room.

Instead of letting her know that her words hurt her, she just started laughing. Loudly......
" Theek keh rhi ho Hania, but abhi 30 minute me mujhe driving aane se to rhi to phir tumhare iss muft k gyan ka abhi to kuch nhe ho sakta. To tum nashta enjoy karo.Ok?"

"Tum nashta kro Hashir, me chor kr aaonga Insia ko." Wali said suddenly when he pulled the napkin from his lap and cleaned hi mouth with it delicately yet sternly.

Everyone could tell that Wali did not like Hania's comment as the anger was quite visible on his face.

Insia also realized that Wali wasn't in a good mood so she quitely followed him as his father handed him the keys to his car.

A/N
I hope you like it. Im just like thinking of stuffffff and putting it here. i have no ideaaaa🤣😭