Chapter 4

6 YEARS OLD

A six year old girl hand in hand with her father walked into a huge mansion.
Surprise showing in her huge sparkling eyes.

"Baba, where are we going?" she asked her father for the hundredth time.

"It's a surprise, my child." Shehroze said to his daughter.
How could he possibly tell her that she was going to meet all her cousins and uncles and aunt when they might not even accept her.
The only reason Shehroze was standing at the Mir Haveli's door was because his older brother had begged him to come back home.

The guard opened the door and a man who seemed to be older than Shehroze but resembled him greatly greeted them.

"Mera bhai, me janta tha tum meri baat maan lo ge." he said to Shehroze.

"Ibrahim bhai jaan" he said to the older man and hugged him lovingly while crying.

"Ap ne mere baba ko kiun rulaya hai?" the little girl said to Ibrahim.

"Mujhe maaf krdo, Insia beti. Ab me ap k baba ko kabhi nhe rulaon ga. mera vada h." he said to the little girl and picked her up to kiss her on the forehead.

The three went inside of the house even after Shehroze had begged his brother not to take him.

The family members who were sitting in the huge lounge room had all frozen in their places.

The old woman in the wheelchair had started crying after seeing Shehroze.
Shehroze ran to his mother's feet and touched them.
It was a wholesome moment to most except Maheen who had immediately stormed off out of the room.
Her husband Shaliq who was the younger brother of Shehroze had not followed his wife but rather ran to his brother to hug him.
Ibrahim brought Insia to her grandmother who lovingly said," Mere Shehroze ki beti."
Insia was introduced to all the children of the house.

" Insia beta" Insia's Tai Zainab said.
" Beta, ye ap k cousins hn. Ye asfand bhai hn, ye Wali bhai aur ye Hashim bhai hn. Ye ap ki bari api Zakariya, ap ki cousin Ameena aur Hania hn.Aur ye chotu sa baby ap ka sab se chota cousin Haris hai." Zainab introduced all tge children who looked at the blue eyed Insia as if she was an alien.

"Bacho ye ap ki cousin, Insia hai. Ap k chachu aur ap k taya abu Shehroze uncle ki beti hai. Chalo jao saare bache ja kr khelo." she said to the children.

"Aajao bacho sab chalen" said Asfand who seemed to be older than the rest of the children.

The kids took her along to the lawn where they all sat on the grass.

"Hi Insia!" me Ameena hun.
"Hi Insia, me ap ki bari api Zakariya hun."
" Iss k baal kitne ajeeb hn." Said a mean voice among all the nice kids.

"Tum kon ho." Insia asked the boy who just made fun of her baba's pony.

"Tum nhe ap. Me Wali hun aur me tum se bara hun." said Wali.

"Mere baba kehte hn mere baal meri mama jese hn . Khabardar mere balon k baare me kuch kaha." Insia chirped back at Wali.

"Tumhari mama to hn hi nhe." said Hania and laughed at her.

" MERI MAMA HN!! Vo parhne gyi hn. Vo jaldi vapis aajyen gi." Insia defended her mother.

" Chup karo Hania. Buri bast hoti h kisi ki mama k baare me baat krna." Asfand said to Hania and rest of the kids except  Wali had defended Insia.

" Iss ki mama hn hi nhe to." Hania pushed the limits.

By now Insia had big tears in her eyes.
She ran to back inside so the kids can't see her crying.

She couldn't find anyone inside so she went to the closest door. She could hear the adults talking.