38| unexpected truths

"I am going to the hospital to get mama's test reports, do you want something?" Aryan spoke as he cuffed the sleeves of his shirt

"I will come with you? I was thinking that we should go and discuss with Kirti aunty about all of this."

"Do you think it's right?" He asked looking back at me.

"I don't know, but we can try talking to her, maybe there's something she needs help with or she's disturbed about something."

"Let's see." He replied as I got ready too, and we both first went to the hospital to get the reports.

"Is there no way you can keep my chemotherapy sessions from next week?" We both stopped in our tracks as we heard a familiar voice from one of the ward which was half open.

"Kirti ji, you've already increased the risk level for yourself, it's blood cancer and there are some chances that it can be treated, but that doesn't mean you keep postponing, cause this way you're just making it more risky for yourself. Even after these sessions we cannot ensure that you'll be perfectly alright, cancer is a very dangerous condition, even the doctors don't know when and what will happen."

"Kirti aunty?" I spoke as me and Kabir exchanged looks.

"She has cancer?" Aryan widened his eyes looking at me. We both knocked the door of the ward and both Kirti aunty and the doctor looked towards the door.

"Yes come in?" He said, as we entered and aunty looked shocked as she saw us there.

"Doctor what happened to her?" I asked.

"Uh it's nothing dear, I came to take my regular medicines of blood pressure and thyroid."

"To a cancer specialist aunty?" I looked at her.

"Are you someone from her family?"

"Yes doctor, what happened to her?"

"I have been asking her to inform her family about her cancer. It's not the last stage but because she has been postponing it so much, she is just increasing the risk level for herself. Earlier she told she would start the sessions once her son's engagement is done, now she wants to wait for another week because he is leaving for a business trip. Please convince her to start her sessions, we can't risk anything for her."