39| reunion?

Lying down in his mother's lap, he cried his heart out, as she couldn't stand her son's pain but knew that he was wrong this time for not telling her the truth

"Mama I can't lose her, I really can't." She felt bad for Mayra, but couldn't see her son's condition like this too, she was a mother after all. She caressed his hair as tears slowly rolled down her cheeks.

"You won't! Go and talk to her, you really should have told her everything earlier."

"Mama she doesn't want to meet me. She didn't even look at me at the hospital. I shouldn't have gone to meet her mama, I really shouldn't have."

She was somewhere responsible for the situation. Years back she had to lie for her son's happiness. She had to lie about Maahi's death to him, even though she know he would grieve for her, but she had to keep him safe. She had to keep her son's heart safe, even if it meant lying to him about his own girlfriend. As she had seen him cry for her, she wanted to walk up to him and tell that it wasn't the truth but she couldn't do that.

"Aryan, I have to tell you something..." He looked up at his mother.

"Yes?" He whispered as he waited for to speak.

"Something that I should have told you years back and I am sorry for keeping it from you. I am sure she told you about it, now that you've met her, but I want you to know the reason behind it. The day you told me you want to get married to her, I went to meet her, to her home. What I saw there was something that was so shocking for me, and I couldn't get you to find that about her, because you were crazy for her. She was cheating on you Aryan. She told she would leave him, but I shouldn't let you know about this. But Aryan cheating is not a mistake it was her choice. How could I let my son be hurt at the end of the day because of her. I was just trying to protect you Aryan, I am sorry. I asked her to leave your life, I couldn't hurt you by the truth and so decided to lie, even though I knew it's going to hurt you, but I knew you would get over her in few years, I didn't want you to be hurt by the fact that she cheated on you."

To her surprise Aryan's reaction wasn't of anger or hurt from the lie his mother had told, he had no reaction whatsoever. He felt the pain of seeing Mayra distant from him more than the truth his mother just opened up to.