4

Xie Lian was sweating.

"Lianlian stop panicking it's going to be fine." Shi Qingxuan says linking arms with the boy. "I don't like this..." Xie lian whispers.

They hadn't moved from the pavement where they were dropped off. A tall sparkling building stands tall in front of them. The doors open and a large crowd milling about.

"We haven't even gone in yet!" Shi Qingxuan complains. "Come on isn't it you who needs to check them out? You know assignments and stuff."

Xie Lian sighs glancing around. "I don't belong here." He whispers. "I shouldn't be here. I can't be seen here..."

Shi Qingxuan raises a brow but keeps her painted red lips shut. "What if they find me? I'm not hiding but still!" Xie lian continues starting to pace. "This was a bad idea. I don't- I- I-"

Shi Qingxuan sighs. "Xie lian." They say gently. "You have to go in."

Cow Liam pauses his pacing and looks back at the hotel. "Do I? Must I? Can I not run away and never return?"

Shi Qingxuan laughs. "Unfortunately, you've never been good at staying away from each other."

Xie Lian ignores them staring at the huge advert for the art exhibition. "His face makes me want to run to him and hide from him at the same time." He sighs. "Can't we part without having known or is fate to cruel to pull us back?"

Shi Qingxuan grabs Xie Lian's arm. "Wait!" She says stopping him from fleeting. "How do you know that?" Xie Lian tilts his head. "Huh? What do you mean I saw it in the window..." he trails off hand falling limp from where it was once pointing.

The only thing in the window was a painting of a small child desperately reaching out to a blurs of white.

"I swear I read it. It was just there- I know I saw-"

"We're going in." Shi Qingxuan says. "I don't care what you say I'm taking you in there. We have to. You have to!" She pleads pulling the boy towards the entrance.

Xie Lian tries to resist but can't. "I- I just-" He slouches letting himself be lead. "Fine. But I'm not staying long. Just a few notes. A photo or two. Just enough to pass as research. Just enough to help then-"

Shi Qingxuan nods. "I know. Then we leave that's fine. I understand. Just at least look around. What if you-" she stops herself shaking her head. Curled brown locks bouncing. "Never mind, come one. Let's look at some art and be critical?"

Xie Lian pouts. "I don't want to criticise his work jiejie! I just have to figure it out."

Shi Qingxuan nods. "Right because those are two different things." Xie Lian frowns. "Sorry sorry." The girl says laughing. "If you want that then... Then perhaps you should converse with the artist himself? Didn't you say he had the same butterfly as you?" She asks peering down at the boys covered wrist. "Is that not a good sign. Maybe you'll find you get along well." Then adds. "Perhaps even more so."

Xie Lian rubs his wrist nervously, making sure all the bandages are covering the tattoo just so. He made extra sure not to let anyone see it tonight, especially the artist himself. A role of stark white bandage are a much better look he's decided than a tattoo that may or may not be criticised as plagiarism. Or fan behaviour.

"I'm sure Hua Cheng will be far to busy to talk to me. Besides I'm a no one. A blank face. He doesn't know me and he'll never have to. I'd rather not take up his time. The adoring masses are much better for his ego then me."

Shi Qingxuan snorts. "To busy for you?" She laughs like it's some kind of weird inside joke. Xie Lian feels he should know it. Feels like maybe once he did... god what happened to himself? He's not the same. Somethings changed. "Ah sure, speak or don't, whatever you want Lianlian, I won't force you." Even if Hua Cheng would pay her for it.