6

"Gege~"

"Love come on wake up."

"Allow me the honour of being the first being you see today."

"Beloved I made breakfast."

"Come now love why don't you open your eyes?"

"Dianxia~ good morning."

"..." Xie Lian's mind is rotting.

And not in the cute sugary way. No. In the help I'm accidentally a stalker and obsessed fan girl way.

Who is also accidentally creating so many fake realities in their head over someone they've never even met!

Dreams.

His new enemy.

He's never purposely stayed awake at night before. He takes what little sleep he can get usually but now he's scared and honestly embarrassed to fall asleep and watch these memories as a third party like a stalker. What's worse is the dreams are of him and the artist!

How shameless can his brain be. What does this even mean? Is Xie Lian a criminal? Surely this is some form of harassment even if the artist thankfully doesn't know.

But Xie Lian doesn't understand it. How can his brain fabricate such intricate stories and backgrounds.

How can his mind make up these voices. And these words. The fake reality that seems so real. So memory like. Almost like he's lived it all before.

It's honestly so embarrassing. Even though he's sure it's not his fault. Even when he gets lost in his dreams and wakes up confused and disoriented.

Names of people he doesn't know dance on his lips and his heart hammers at the thought of the artist smiling.

"Xie Lian..." Shi Qingxuan says the next day. The two are sat at an incredibly big table in Shi Qingxuan's residence. It makes Xie Lian nervous. Like the old days. Like those nightmares.

"You don't look so good." A keen observation. Xie Lian very much so, looks like shit.

He has bags upon bags under his eyes. His outfit has been the same three days in a row and the book he's currently reading is upsides down. "I'm fine Shi Qingxuan." He says attempting to use his tea cup as a mouse to scroll down the book page.

Shi Qingxuan doesn't look too convinced. "Really?" They asks. Eyebrow raised in question.

"Tell me when was the last time you slept?" Xie Lian ponders the question. He furrows his brows and Shi Qingxuan has half a mind to coo at him. "Maybe." He says confidently after a while. Nodding to himself.

Shi Qingxuan sighs. "I see. I think lianlian..." They says softly reaching out to grab the others hand. "I think it's time for a nap."

Xie Lian looks up mildly concerned. "Oh Shi Qingxuan are you not sleeping well?" He asks. Shi Qingxuan stares at the boy in pure amazement.

"Oh Lianlian..." they says gently. Already plotting a way to get the other to the guest room. Or we'll, one of the many guest rooms. "Come with me, I want to show you something cool."

"Cool." Xie Lian repeats nodding. "Yeah cool." Shi Qingxuan nod standing up. "Okay." They say pulling Xie Lian to his feet.  "Come with me lil Lianlian, this way." They say leading the boy away from the table and towards a corridor. "Shishi's house is so big, I remember having a big house."

Shi Qingxuan perks up. "You do?" They ask. Xie Lian nods. "Hmm, I had everything once, now I sleep on a sofa, and that's not even happening at the moment."