Chapter 2

The introductory party was shit. At least that's what Elizabeth thought. She just hated it.

So she sat on a bench at the side watching as everyone mingled and made friends. Glancing around, she saw a girl with flaming red hair coming towards her.

"Hey, I'm Bloom. Uh I was wondering if you knew anywhere that was well the opposite of this?" The red head asked the blonde.

Elizabeth looked at Bloom and patted the bench beside her indicating for the fire fairy to sit.

"Not a fan of people?" The blonde laughed not taking her eyes off of the ginger.

Bloom looked at the girl beside her with a feeling of comfort, like she subconsciously knew the girl would be a safe space for her.

"Not in the slightest. I didn't catch your name." She says.

"That's because I didn't throw it. I'm Elizabeth but you can call me whatever you want." The blonde smiled at the first year.

"Nice to meet you Ellie. You know you're the first person not to ask questions." Bloom responded glancing around the room.

She caught a glimpse of the blonde boy she met outside. Elizabeth followed her eyes to see she was looking at Sky.

"That's Sky he's a specialist and my best friend he's probably surprised I'm talking to you." Elizabeth informed. Bloom let out a small laugh looking back to the blonde girl next to her.

"Yeah I met him earlier tried to manslplain things to me seeing as this is my first time in the other world." She said causing the blonde to laugh.

"Yup, that sounds like Sky alright. You asked if I knew anywhere opposite this. I do. It's past the barrier but I don't recommend going it's dangerous Bloom." The chaos fairy warned.

Bloom nodded at the girl standing up. "Thanks. I'll be careful I promise. See you around?" She asked. Elizabeth nodded waving as Bloom left.

Elizabeth knew there was something about Bloom. She didn't know if it was good or not but it intrigued her.

Sky watched the interaction with a smile on his face, happy that his best friend was talking to someone new. After Bloom left, he made his way ti the blonde fairy sitting in the place Bloom did moments before.

"I see you met the red head." He states snapping Elizabeth out of her daydream.

"Yeah Mr Mansplainer. She's nice and pretty something you're not." She joked leaning her head on Sky's shoulder.

Sky shook his head and laughed poking the girl in the ribs.

"I'm offended Beth I thought you loved me?" He asked in faux confusion. Placing an arm around the girl, she cuddled closer into his side just relaxing. She felt safe in his arms. She always had.

"You know I do. Can we please leave this is awful and I hate it?" Elizabeth asked hopefully.

Sky nodded and stood up holding out his hand to the girl. She took it letting him lead her out unaware if the two sets of eyes watching them with smiles on their faces.

The pair walker hand in hand to the specialist hall where Sky essentially lived in a comfortable silence.

Neither of them would admit it but the entire walk there they were both thinking of what it would be like to kiss the other. What it would feel like to be the person the other loved.

Finally, they got to Sky and Rivens shared room. Sky opened to door letting Elizabeth enter first shutting the door behind them.

The pair made their way to the bed and lead down next to each other hands still conjoined.

"Thank fuck we're out of there." The fairy spoke breaking the silence.

"Come on Beth it wasn't that bad you just hate everyone." Lizzie slapped the boy playfully as she sat up on the bed and Sky followed.

The two spent most of the night laughing and having fun blissfully unaware of the burned one that attacked Bloom and the hunt they would have to go on to get Stella's ring back.

When Riven got back to his room, he opened the door noticing the lights were on. In all honesty the brunette was scared to look over to his roommates bed incase he saw something he didn't want to see.

He saw the opposite. He saw Sky and Elizabeth asleep. Her head on his chest with one arm draped over his waist. He had both arms wrapped around the girl in a protective manner which brought a smile to the boys face.

My ship is sailing. He thought to himself making a mental note to tell Stella what he saw. Soon after that Riven was asleep in his own bed.

The morning. Something Elizabeth had a love-hate relationship with. She loved morning but hated the fact that she usually would have to leave bed, which she often shared with Sky.

The blonde girl woke up to her phone going off signalling someone had sent her a message. Groaning, she peeled her eyes open and saw Sky's chest. Smiling involuntarily, she carefully peeled herself from his arms and sat up reaching for her phone.

'Need help. Ring missing. Bring Sky. X'

She read. It made her wonder what had happened in the span of a few hours since she had saw her best friend but didn't question it too much.

Elizabeth decided Stella could wait another half hour as she peered to Rivens bed to see it empty and unmade. She knew he had probably gone to to some training so she wasn't worried.

The fairy heard a groan, snapping her out of her thoughts. She turned her head to the boy beside her and watched as he opened his eyes.

When Sky woke up he realised Elizabeth wasn't still cuddled up with him which made him a little disappointed. As soon as his eyes opened he searched the room for her, a smile gracing his face when he saw her.

Even now she still looked beautiful. In his eyes she always loomed beautiful. He spent a few seconds scanning Iver her features, admiring the girl. He remembered handing her a shirt she could wear and how good she looked in it.

"Morning sleeping beauty." She told him as his eyes met hers.

"Come back I want cuddles." The specialist practically begged. Sky loved cuddles. Whether it was cuddles in general or her cuddles he didn't know.

The fairy shook her head standing up and reaching for her clothes. "Can't Stella lost her ring and she needs us."

Once more Sky groaned and Elizabeth laughed at him. She picked up some extra clothes she kept in the boys room and walked to the bathroom to have a shower and change leaving Sky alone in bed.

Once more Sky found himself thinking about the girl in his shower. About how she looked in his clothes. About how he would do anything for her. It dawned on him that he had a crush on her.

He wondered what it would be like to kiss her. To call her his. But he thought she didn't like him back. He thought he had no chance and he didn't have the courage to ask.

What he didn't know was that had he asked her, she would say yes because she likes him too.

Pushing those thoughts to the side, Sky stood up and got ready for the day as best he could.

Eventually the shower stopped and Elizabeth walks back into the room dressed in high wasted skinny jeans and a loose crop top.

No words were needed as the pair had a silent conversation with their eyes before the set off to meet Stella in the canteen. Neither aware of the situation at hand. Maybe if they knew they would have been ready quicker.